Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Tribute Automotive Builds

Tribute Automotive Builds Discuss your Tribute kit build

Closed Thread

Old 23rd July 2015, 21:09

Lucky@LeMans is on a distinguished road

What size wheels and tyres have you fitted ? They look so much better than modern low profiles.

Car looks great , I think I know which way to go now , it was between this model or a Kobra.
Old 23rd July 2015, 21:38

redratbike is on a distinguished road

So the kobra Classic it it the chrome work that makes it different or is there anything else???

Last edited by redratbike; 23rd July 2015 at 21:41..
Old 23rd July 2015, 21:45

ericholm is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nubodi Automotive View Post
I personally love them, they remind me of the Daytona, which I've got two of. No one who has seen it in the flesh has mentioned the exhausts. Ask Andy (ericholm) I'm sure he will verify how they look in reality. I will try to add a photo of the competition version.
Yep, when you see the car in the flesh I agree that is doesn't look out of place and gives the car that unique feeling that it wasn't built recently. It all works visually as you focus on the whole car and not just the pipes, the back end is huge!. Although saying this my exhausts will be straight cut and a little shorter as I have something else planned........ Also I gotta add that the noise that comes out of them means not only they look the part but they sound it too (3.0i engine). Great job Richard

Last edited by ericholm; 23rd July 2015 at 21:56..
Old 23rd July 2015, 23:05

Mikewade is on a distinguished road

Great Job. Lovely photo's, impressive car!
Old 24th July 2015, 06:09

gas guzzler is on a distinguished road

I can see this kit being a great success, think I prefer it over a Cobra kit, as they're so numerous. Glad I've got first refusal on buying back my other Z3 can see there being a shortage before to long

Andy
Old 24th July 2015, 07:07

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Quote:
... I've uploaded more photos on the website...
Is it OK if I copy some of your photos into the useful info thread?

http://www.madabout-kitcars.com/foru...ead.php?t=4623

Cheers, Paul.
Old 24th July 2015, 07:25

Mister Towed is on a distinguished road

Nice to see a side-on shot with the roof up, like you say, very similar roof profile to the Daytona Spider. Shame that pic was pre paint though.
Old 24th July 2015, 08:13

IanA is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by gas guzzler View Post
... Glad I've got first refusal on buying back my other Z3 can see there being a shortage before too long...
12,000 registered in UK and 3300 on SORN at the end of last year !!!

The highest total registered with none on SORN was in 2004 at 17,000.

Get in quick...

Last edited by IanA; 24th July 2015 at 08:15.. Reason: more data
Old 24th July 2015, 08:48
Enthusiast

Nubodi Automotive is on a distinguished road

Thanks guys for the positive response.
Here are some replies to questions

Lucky@Le Mans

They are 15" MWS wheels with 225/ 70 x 15 tyres. Although Ive had them balanced (twice) there is still a slight judder at 40-45 MPH. I guess it must be the difference on the PCD of Bmw 5 x 120 to Jaguar 5 x 120.7. They do look the part though. I bought the wheels on ebay for £200 a year ago as Chris had one of my Daytonas in to take a mold from but never got there. The secondhand price has trebled now of these wheels as so many people are after them. I am looking for 3 separate customers presently.
Old 24th July 2015, 08:51
Enthusiast

Reply to Mister Towed

Its rare for a convertible to look good with the roof up but this model is not bad. The wifes Z300s not so good. There are some better pictures of the car with the roof up on our website now courtesy of Kitcar magazine.

www.nubodi.co.uk
Old 24th July 2015, 08:54

wolfie is on a distinguished road

My next project me thinks
Old 24th July 2015, 08:59
Enthusiast

Reply to Paul L

Yes, basically we wanted to remove the blinkers of people interested in building a Kobra to show them other possibilities. By consideration of colour, chrome wire wheels, seats, AC Ace over-riders and lights a more classic sportscar effect can be achieved. If any of you saw the Klassic on the stand at Stoneleigh, hopefully you will agree it worked. We could have sold this car ten times over. It unfortunately went to a lovely man in Portugal for £10,000. This shows if they are built well they can return a reasonable price.
We have a burgundy Klassic coming out of paint today. If anyone wants to see it we shall have it for about a week for fitting up before it goes to its new owner.
Anyone is welcome to view any day (call first)
Old 24th July 2015, 09:00

Roadster is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Lucky@Le Mans

They are 15" MWS wheels with 225/ 70 x 15 tyres. Although Ive had them balanced (twice) there is still a slight judder at 40-45 MPH. I guess it must be the difference on the PCD of Bmw 5 x 120 to Jaguar 5 x 120.7. They do look the part though. I bought the wheels on ebay for £200 a year ago as Chris had one of my Daytonas in to take a mold from but never got there. The secondhand price has trebled now of these wheels as so many people are after them. I am looking for 3 separate customers presently.
Richard the judder will be due to the centre bore of the wheel 73.9 vs bmw 72.6 spigot rings normally are available but if not might be easy enough to address
Old 24th July 2015, 09:15
Enthusiast

Yes I have already asked my local engineering company to quote me on a set of 4 rings. I may just live with it though as its only slight. Neither of the two road testers from the magazines mentioned it.
Old 24th July 2015, 11:17

cushti is on a distinguished road

Shouldn't cost more than £20 for a set of 4 custom spigot rings. Google it & there's quite a few suppliers, plastic will probably be cheaper. Several chaps on Ebay make custom spigot rings. This chap below does them for only £15 for a set of 4 in stainless steel:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wheel-spig...item43dff92b5d

Last edited by cushti; 24th July 2015 at 11:24..
Old 24th July 2015, 11:29

redratbike is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Lucky@Le Mans

Set of bolt on wires on ebay right now
Old 24th July 2015, 12:24
Enthusiast

Thanks, Im on them!
Old 24th July 2015, 12:25
Enthusiast

Reply to Cushti

Thats a lot cheaper than the engineering co. quote by a mile. Thanks again!
Old 24th July 2015, 12:49

Lucky@LeMans is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Lucky@Le Mans

The wires look great and the tyres are far better than low profiles even if they look very slightly too big . Did you consider 205 / 70 - 15 , they might look even better.
Old 24th July 2015, 12:49

cushti is on a distinguished road

No problem Nubodi.

I only know as I bought custom spigot rings in the past as I put Camaro Z28 wheels onto a BMW E36 which had widened arches (this is because the GM wheels usually have a backspacing of about 3.75" whereas the BMW offset is usually only around 38mm, hence pushing the wheels out of the arches by another 2" or so - do your own measurements though as there are a lot of aftermarket sizes). Could be handy for filling out Kobra arches maybe (if needed that is)!

For those who don't know: a lot of BMW pcds are 5x120 which is very close to the GM chevy/pontiac/jag wheels of 5x120.65 (you shouldn't even need wobble bolts, just make ensure you tighten all five by hand BEFORE tightening up with an airgun or wheel brace!). Post'95 RRs also have a 5x120 pcd (be careful with some of these as the LR centrebore can be smaller so you could need them milled out to the BMW centrebore of 72.6). Lots of variety for the BMW based kits!

Last edited by cushti; 26th July 2015 at 18:32..
Closed Thread