Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Sammio Builds and discussions

Sammio Builds and discussions Sammio bodied car builds and specials

Old 16th December 2011, 21:01

Roadster is on a distinguished road
Default Not a Sammio

Garry you were very quiet when you lent your MX5 to a fellow kit car builder but I think i found what they were doing with it.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/KIT-CAR-BO...item2c61897983

Its not a Sammio but I have a feeling that it maybe a close relative.
Available from eBay
Old 17th December 2011, 07:55

Alpha is on a distinguished road

The Ferrari 250 GTO bodies made for the Datsun 240 chassis have been around for a VERY long time...

If my memory serves me right, Ferrari even stopped them from being made, claiming copyright on the shape

With the Datsuns by themselves becoming quite expensive collector's cars, no wonder new donor vehicles are being used now.

Baz
Old 17th December 2011, 10:23

redratbike is on a distinguished road

saw 2 of the datsun based ones for sale recently 25k and 30k!!!!!!

so to base them on a cheaper/modern car is a good idea
Old 17th December 2011, 12:40

lancelot link is on a distinguished road

Alpha,
You are right - Ferrari did get a bit upset about the Datsun versions ...a company about 20 miles from me had the moulds destroyed in front of them by legal representatives....not nice.

I kept quiet about these as Chris had asked me too....now they are out there , its not a secret anymore.

I have no involvement with these other than Chris has been a friend for about 15 years , we have been involved in projects before loosely and he needed an MX5 to adapt , and I had one !

I might get the car back ....I might not !

He deserves some success with these as its a decent idea .....60's Coupes will always be popular...MX5's are great base cars and Chris had bad luck with his recent Supra based B*ntley look a likey....financial knock backs like that could easily finish some people but he jumped straight up and started creating its replacement which is commendable....

He lurks on here , so may introduce himself on this thread himself....
Old 17th December 2011, 17:27

Chris does deserve sucess - i looked over his supra based B@@@@ly coupe at Stoneleigh and it deserved to sell.
If the timing had been different i would have built the ferrari looking coupe on my Mazda. Im sure there is a market for it and its prettier than the MEV coupe or the retroforza
Old 17th December 2011, 17:29

Alpha is on a distinguished road

Sometimes I think a Triumph GT6 would be an interesting base to build a (small size) GTO replica on - new bonnet and a rear body to replicate the kamm tail of the original...

Baz
Old 19th December 2011, 21:15

Tribute Automotive is on a distinguished road
Default Gto

I have already said to Gary that I feel that this thread is treading on his toes slightly, but as he's such a nice guy he says he doesn't have a problem with it.
I think this is the wrong place for me to promote a new project, so all I will say is that I will be starting a new build thread shortly, and once again thank you to Gary for the loan of the MX5.
Old 19th December 2011, 22:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribute Automotive View Post
I have already said to Gary that I feel that this thread is treading on his toes slightly, but as he's such a nice guy he says he doesn't have a problem with it.
I think this is the wrong place for me to promote a new project, so all I will say is that I will be starting a new build thread shortly, and once again thank you to Gary for the loan of the MX5.
Good luck , I admire your attitude your previous produvt looked good Im sure the mx5 gto will hit the mark its far more desirable than the aston body kit thats out there.