Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Sammio Builds and discussions

Sammio Builds and discussions Sammio bodied car builds and specials

Old 1st February 2012, 15:14

GazDavies is on a distinguished road
Default Yet another lurker

Ive been on these forums daily ever since I saw a Sammio Spyder on ebay a few months ago and fell in love with it. I was out bid on the car with seconds remaining and have been planning to get one ever since but due to working abroad, getting started hasnt been easy. Arriving back in the UK last week I had a quick search for Heralds, finding a car that looked promising and managed to find the time to travel the 50 miles or so to view it yesterday. The car is on the road, fully MOT'd and taxed and looks to be in great condition so I handed the cash over and drove the car home!

I could find no rust on the car at all other than a few small bits on the crome so hopefully I will get no nasty suprises when I take the body off.

I just need to find a garage to rent locally so that I can order the kit and get the build started!
Available from eBay
Old 1st February 2012, 15:34

garyh is on a distinguished road
Default lovely car...

It'll look great all in bits Only joking, if it has an mot touchwood the chassis will be fine and obviously everything else must work as well! talk to you soon GaryH

http://garyssammiospyderbuild.blogspot.com/
Old 1st February 2012, 15:35

AndyP57 is on a distinguished road

Nice find!

It seems a bit more laid out on a good quality donor pays back in spades. If it's already roadworthy you're on to a winner already!

I started my Vitesse strip (Preston Sammio) before getting the garage sorted and there's so much to strip out and sell from the interior it can be weatherproof until you bite the bullet and get rid of the main body parts.

The main thing is have fun! I'm sure I speak for all of us here when I say Welcome to the forum
Old 1st February 2012, 16:23

davecymru is on a distinguished road

Buying a good donor will save you loads of headaches later on (trust me on this one!) and that one looks lovely. You should also make a tidy sum on the parts!

I look forward to seeing how you tackle your build and best of luck to you.

Dave
Old 1st February 2012, 16:34

BazMason is on a distinguished road

Having been recently working alongside Gaz I can confirm his dedication to this site (thankfully there was not a lot else going on for us to do but lurk on here!!). It was he who introduced me to the Sammios, I am however leaning towards the Cordite, so currently searching for available donors in Scotland.

Best of luck with the build mate.
Old 1st February 2012, 17:21

tlrtone is on a distinguished road

I can support getting a good donor. Although even though mine had no visible rust I did manage to find some welding will be needed on the chassis - only really noticible when I took the body off!

I have made over a grand on selling the bits from mine and January is not really the best time to sell stuff, but I am pleased with what I got. You should do well with getting rid of the bits you don't need.

Keep us updated with progress - the race is on now with a number of new builds starting in the last month or so!
Old 2nd February 2012, 19:43

lancelot link is on a distinguished road

Welcome mate.....that donor looks great , well done finding that.

Thanks for bringing Baz along with you too !!

Its getting quite busy in here !!
Old 2nd February 2012, 19:56

GazDavies is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the warm welcome everybody. It seems that Baz and myself will be travelling down to Salisbury later this month so being so close it would be great if we could find the time to call by to say hello and see the kits in person, and fingers crossed, order a kit or two! I will obviously call to arrange a visit before dropping by.