Got round to sorting the roof panel this week ready for bonding to the MR2 hardtop. Also trimmed the windscreen edge to tidy this up where the Sierra windscreen rubber sits. I glassed in a piece at the rear of the roof panel where it was cut away from the clam to both tidy this edge up and provide a lip to bond to the MR2 hardtop.
Before bonding it all down I modified the intercoller and piping I had bought. The intercooler was a universal kit and about 5cm too tall to fit in the roof void. I know another MRS200 builder fitted the same one and sunk a support plate into the MR2 hardtop to create the space. I didn’t fancy doing this and as this is for show right now (at some point I will sort out a turbo kit for the MR2) I cut the top two cores off and welded some ally on the top of the end pieces to make it air tight.
It’s bolted through the hard top and I think looks OK piped up.
Whilst I was sorting the roof panel out I made a start at removing the flash lines and also painted the inside of the rear clam.
I will bond the roof and screen pillars over the next few days and then make a start on bonding the door skins and tidying them up.