Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Marlin Sportster, Cabrio, Berlinetta and Roadster builds

Marlin Sportster, Cabrio, Berlinetta and Roadster builds Enthused or Confused about your vintage Marlin build? Ask away here or show off your build.

Old 4th January 2011, 21:31

Bobnic is on a distinguished road
Default Can I 'ave a look see please??

I am a very close to ordering a Sporster but am a newbie to kitcar building, hope to build one with my old man who has just retired (and has an old E36 which is in really good nick) and needs to get out from under the wife's feet ASAP!!! I would greatly appreciate if either myself or me and my dad could possibly look round someone's completed Sporster before placing the order, or at least get some pearls of wisdom? I live in Lechlade, close to Gloucestershire/Oxfordshire/Wiltshire borders and am obviously willing yo come to you, at a time and place that suits you (unless of course you fancy a blast over??? Lol).

Thanks in advance, Rob
Available from eBay
Old 5th January 2011, 20:00
Enthusiast

timbo is on a distinguished road

Hi Rob
I have a completed Sportster which you are very welcome to have a look at. Although I'm based in Bristol, it is currently in Caerphilly just north of Cardiff, having the immobiliser sorted out. I would be happy to meet you there if you like (it has been there several months and I'm starting to forget what it looks like )
Regards
Tim
Old 5th January 2011, 22:19
Enthusiast

peterux is on a distinguished road

Hi Rob,
I'm just off the southern end of the M40 and about 65 miles from Lechlade according to Mr. Google maps.

It's not the best of time of year for demo rides and I'm in the midst of fitting some new seats, but your welcome to come and have a look.

Send me a PM if you want to arrange a visit...

...peter
Old 5th January 2011, 22:33

Bobnic is on a distinguished road

Thanks Timbo and Peterux for responding. I'll get my head round when and where I might be close to either of you and we could possibly go from there if that's Ok? Any major tips/pitfalls or things to be ready for that you could pass onto me please? (I have read the powdercoating on the chassis is not the best?)

Kindest Regards

Rob
Old 6th January 2011, 08:07
Enthusiast

GreatOldOne is on a distinguished road

I'm in Northampton... But as Peter mentioned, it's not the best of weather for demos, plus I've got the dashboard off at the moment.
Old 6th January 2011, 08:41
Enthusiast

MartinClan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobnic View Post
I am a very close to ordering a Sporster but am a newbie to kitcar building, hope to build one with my old man who has just retired (and has an old E36 which is in really good nick) and needs to get out from under the wife's feet ASAP!!! I would greatly appreciate if either myself or me and my dad could possibly look round someone's completed Sporster before placing the order, or at least get some pearls of wisdom? I live in Lechlade, close to Gloucestershire/Oxfordshire/Wiltshire borders and am obviously willing yo come to you, at a time and place that suits you (unless of course you fancy a blast over??? Lol).

Thanks in advance, Rob
I am in Bedfordshire. Unlike the others, car is fully assembled but on sorn atm so any "trips" are off but you are welcome to look / have a chat / etc.

Robin
Old 8th January 2011, 18:35

JAC.Sports is on a distinguished road

Hi Rob,

It just so happens that I live in Haydon Wick, Swindon so all of 15 miles away from you and regularly travel out your way in the summer months for little drives. My Sportster IS NOT BMW based, but you are still more than welcome to come and have a look at it due to it currently being sorn. My details are in the MOC Magazine or I can PM you them if you would like to talk/arrange further.

ATB
Mike Coombes
Old 9th January 2011, 13:35
Enthusiast

Patrick is on a distinguished road

Im in central Hampshire south of Basingstoke, you're welcome to have a look if your this way.