Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Sammio Builds and discussions

Sammio Builds and discussions Sammio bodied car builds and specials

Closed Thread

Old 30th April 2015, 20:04

Rene is on a distinguished road
Default sammio/ribble proper biz turnover to mike failed?

Hi champs,
I got today the information that mike has canceled any connected sammio/ribble bizactivity. Think that's a shame to the community.
Who will now handle the sammio/ribble kitbiz and service in a proper manner?
I think its the wrong way in negative argumentation about the aquired biz instead searching of positiv solutions to follow positiv up.
Therefore my feeling is the sammiobiz will not growing up based on this rumors and behaviors.
Available from eBay
Old 1st May 2015, 06:55

Mister Towed is on a distinguished road

Oh, that's a shame. Where did you hear that Rene? I wonder what will happen to the moulds.
Old 1st May 2015, 07:44

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Well, I certainly have no idea what is going on.

However, my understanding is that micky1mo had at least two of the Sammio/Ribble moulds delivered to Tribute for Chris & Dan to work their magic on them with a view to re-launching the Sammio brand under Micky's control.

- Spyder/Pilot - "moulds just need a bit of TLC"

- Coridite/Navigator - "moulds are just fit for scrap"

In addition, the G-46 moulds "are still in storage", but there was no intention of selling this kit again without a complete overhaul of the original design.

Tribute were also working on this completely new "Sammio" design for Micky.

I guess there is no reason why the "new" kit couldn't be launched independently of the Sammio brand.

Plus I think the intention was to have one kit with a LWB & SWB version to fit Herald/Spitfire donors.

But as always, what do I know?
Old 1st May 2015, 07:53

Viatron is on a distinguished road

Coincidentally I was speaking to Mike yesterday and I think there is some confusion here. I have spoken to Mike again this morning and he should be posting a clarification shortly.

Last edited by Viatron; 1st May 2015 at 08:16..
Old 1st May 2015, 08:12

garyh is on a distinguished road

Communication is the key...
Old 1st May 2015, 09:34

oxford1360 is on a distinguished road

Are we talking about the same "Mike" and the same company?
Old 1st May 2015, 09:44

not the Miglia Mike
Old 1st May 2015, 18:56

Champs,there are two topics:
1a. Furtherdevelopment in any direction, quality of moulded parts.
1b . Concept further development in inprovement the buildingquality and driveperfomance based on knowlage of builded projects.
1c.future Chassisbases, engine-,drivetrainbases focused to the emmissionlegalisation e.t.c.? That means, simply what also the other kitcarproducer has to handle.
2. Service and aftersale service for sammio/ribblecarowners.

Regards

Rene
Old 1st May 2015, 19:31

I'm surprised Mike hasn't chipped in yet but I know the redone navigator moulds aren't going to be re-used by Mike, they may be heading north......
Old 1st May 2015, 19:39
Enthusiast

micky1mo is on a distinguished road

Paul L, your nearly right.
Rene, your so very wrong.
Mr Towed, every thing is still safe.
Viatron, thanks for your input,
Oxford, It's still the same MIKE,
Garyh, Your so right.

Well that answer most of the comment on this listing.

Do to the amount of stress, effort and time spent sorting out RIBBLEs cock-ups, I and my work colleague now refuse to work on any thing RIBBLE.
That includes any car part or cars originating from RIBBLE HQ.
So any thing that's broken, missing, not received or just plain awful don't call and moan at me!!!

I have tried to help people but enough is enough I have replace missing parts and re-built top frames all at cost but not any more.

The final straw came when we recently rebuilt a car who's top frame collapsed nearly killed the driver!! Fortunately he was shaken but unhurt. Only after he watched me take a lump hammer to the top frame (to make sure it was welded properly) was he confident to drive the car again. His family where the real problem they wanted the car scraped and take Andy to court!!!
It was two days work for very little money but I do now have one very very happy SAMMIO customer!!!!

So now I have to just say SORRY, IT'S NOT MY PROBLEM ANY MORE

Unfortunately Rene car (274) falls into that category. The fact that Andy built the car with-out cleaning, painting, replacing the out riggers or repairing the holes in the chassis is not down to me.
I know I can charge for this work but having worked on other RIBBLE projects I know what I am in for if I take this work on!! Again it's not just a case a simple repair it will need carful work. Andy's liberal use of expanding foam creates a real fire hazard, to name but one problem.
Again all leading to more time, effort and unwanted stress!!!

I did PM Rene to say sorry and explain but it seam to have been misread .

Although SAMMIO is alive and kicking it is still a little unsettled.
In light of this thread I will put together a formal letter and explain to all what's happened and what's happening.

Right now I have a Sammio Scimitar SS Spyder conversion due out on the 3rd June, a Tribute 27 roadster due out on the 7th May, and the SAMMIO Spyder BMW due out on the 25th May, yes I want to take it to Castle Combe!!!.
BUSY BUSY BUSY

On a better note SAMMIO in now a trade mark in it's own right!!
Old 1st May 2015, 19:59

GazDavies is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by micky1mo View Post
Although SAMMIO is alive and kicking it is still a little unsettled......

On a better note SAMMIO in now a trade mark in it's own right!!
That is great to hear Mike, keep up the good work!
Old 1st May 2015, 20:03

Some interesting sounding developments, can't wait to see them.
Old 1st May 2015, 21:29

Now champs i will inform you in my knowlage and view.
At first,if i take over a biz, then i should manage to continue with the needed service. This biz is not limited to sell and to aviod any afterwork. I had not any pedal issue, it was a clear simple aggreed refurnishmentjob of the chassis with mike and simply now cancelled with a very questionary argumentation why?
If mike was pist off following a other order,thats has nothing to do with my car or with me...
General i see the Items which i have discriped allready without any answer from mike. Mike I am mechanical engineer and familiar with oldtimer and exotic cars since 40 years and spend my lifetime in sales and marketing within the automotive industry....
If here is no further improvement in moulded parts quality and concept in more further development in chassis,suspension,engine and drivetrain. Then the sammio is sticking at a nice looking car status with more less low performance and rearly not more...without a further development in driving performance,ergonomic,safety, and emission in comparsion to other kitcardesign and -bilder....That means longerterm dead...with a worse marketvalue below materialcosts....
Look in the prices what in the your market is effective achieved.
Old 1st May 2015, 21:39

Well I really like mine, warts and all.

Old 1st May 2015, 22:02

Yes offcouse, i you will build and promote such car on regular bases it has to match the alternative kitcarmarket...
And you need a professionel infrastructure in your productionplace plus service... Sorry for this open statement.
Your car is very nice and i saw the building pics.
My other car see pic...sometimes things are turning. (-;
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20150422_211404.jpg (87.4 KB, 40 views)

Last edited by Rene; 1st May 2015 at 22:05..
Old 1st May 2015, 22:37

froggyman is on a distinguished road

I am sorry but I think you should be taking your problems up with the person you paid to build the car in the first place. It would appear you had no joy there and so are now trying Mike. You can't expect Mike to rectify their lack of knowledge and experience. Maybe you should have done more checks before you entered into this build in the first place as it was obvious where their business was going.
Old 1st May 2015, 23:02

Nike55 is on a distinguished road

Anyone new to the re-bodying scene and tuning in to this forum for the first time must be seriously wondering WTF is going on in this small part of the recreation scene.

I've kept my lip buttoned at some of the criticisms (sorry, 'forum comments') levied while watching the slow 'Curse of Sammio' permeate this forum.

Underfunded start-up's and company (hobby) failures are part and parcel of the British Kit Car (and mainstream) scene - it's a natural phenomenon - a road paved with good intentions, which for the most part seem to lead to some form of hell for the originators.

The last straw for me is that of seeing our laundry being washed in public - especially in respect of posts relating to build quality. We are in the fortunate, nay, privileged position of being allowed to build our own 're-bodied specials' with little interference from bureaucrats seeking IVA. But for how much longer?

We have all seen blogs from builders posting photos of pigeon s**t chassis welding repairs invisible to MOT inspectors, presumably due to handfuls of filler and stone chip paint. One blog even mentioned a near catastrophe with a modified, but ultimately failing, braking system.

Modern regulators are not 'old fart' bureaucrats scratching their butts wondering what the 'alternative scene' is all about. This forum is participated by those working for government authorities and some will fail to comprehend the concept of a bunch of amateurs building alternative vehicles - this is not '1984' paranoia - it is fact - rather like Clarkson failing to feature advanced kit cars on his now defunct BBC motoring program.

As a body of builders we have a responsibility (a duty of care to ourselves and others if you wish) to ensure that everything we build is done with honesty, integrity and is legal and safe.

We are skating on thin ice - one bad accident involving the mechanical failure of re-bodied Herald / Spitfire / Scimitar / etc vehicle caused by an 'amateur in a shed' will stop this body-swapping privilege as we know it and we will be bound to rebuild as per the IFA regs - if at all.

Good luck trying to get a Sammio /Ribble/ Miglia / Whatever it's called this week / through that.

Treat this as a rant if you wish (I really don't care and won't be replying to any comments).

Ciao

'Sammio Scimitar SS Spyder conversion due out on the 3rd June': Love to see a picture of that!
Old 2nd May 2015, 06:54

redratbike is on a distinguished road

Looks like the fixes Mike has had to do have taken there toll on his business and health if you read between the lines.doing things at cost for 2 days for a small operation like mikes is basically half a weeks income gone..he mentions the stress. This isnt good.

Ultimately AndyP is the man responsible Rene that is where the story starts and ends and suggest focusing on pursuing that avenue and the legal aspect with regards to compensation...etc...good luck
Old 2nd May 2015, 07:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by froggyman View Post
I am sorry but I think you should be taking your problems up with the person you paid to build the car in the first place. It would appear you had no joy there and so are now trying Mike. You can't expect Mike to rectify their lack of knowledge and experience. Maybe you should have done more checks before you entered into this build in the first place as it was obvious where their business was going.
Thats not the issue. If Mike will continue with the sammioibuilder &kitbiz,that is not possible with hobby garagejob,that needs more...
If he will get promotion from the scene,than he should not truggeling around and cancel agreed orders wirh fingerpointing to other builders and for him unhappy done repairjobs of other cars.Then he can and should reject any sammio service or repairorder. That is not a to promote service behavior also not in the expection of aftersalesservice for his own builded cars.
Old 2nd May 2015, 07:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by redratbike View Post
Looks like the fixes Mike has had to do have taken there toll on his business and health if you read between the lines.doing things at cost for 2 days for a small operation like mikes is basically half a weeks income gone..he mentions the stress. This isnt good.

Ultimately AndyP is the man responsible Rene that is where the story starts and ends and suggest focusing on pursuing that avenue and the legal aspect with regards to compensation...etc...good luck
Also that is not the issue, if mike will continue with the sammiobiz he should hase the capebillities to offer the agreed service to the scene.Other companies are happy when they can get orders...
Champs i will not promote mike in expecting this behavior for aftersalesservice and keep you informed how and where to handle such a biz.
Closed Thread