I haven’t been able to get much time on the car today, so decided I should crack on with fixing the battery isolator in place and then I can bolt down the rear screen and not have to keep removing it to access the battery.
I found a mounting point for the isolator on the rear frame between the engine and the rear of the clam, low down enough for me to reach up under the back of the clam without having to lie on the floor, and high enough up not to be covered with grime/water from the road.
The key is now on a short piece of cord attached to the isolator itself so when it’s unlocked it can’t drop down/get lost.
I used the junction box I mentioned in a previous post to take the existing negative wiring from the battery terminal and run the extension wires to the isolator down the rear of the engine bay.
Last couple of jobs before I had to call it a day where to have a go at wrapping the strut brace bar in the engine bay. I was going to paint this but thought I’d see how the dark blue vinyl wrap holds up. I suspect it won’t last long and will peel with the heat from the engine bay, but will give it a go.
The die cut vinyl lettering also turned up for the drivers names on the bonnet. The Image Works produced these for me and got them out to me overnight for a very reasonable figure (£15 all in with next day postage) given they are cut so no white background. Think they look a lot better anyway :-)
Jobs for the weekend are to get the rear screen back in and fit the mudflaps. I’m undecided if I should cut these down to half their size (top to bottom rather than across) given you see a lot of each one, particularly the front two, when looking at the front of the car. They are blue vinyl universal “Sparco” ones (although the Sparco stickers come separately so was planning to leave them off).
I did a bit of a trial fit and took some pics so will have a ponder on this overnight and then decide in the morning.