|Turner Automotive Design Seek Major Shareholder|
Posted by Madabout News on Tuesday, November 9th, 2004 at 09:59 PM
An active campaign is underway to sign up a major shareholder for Turner Automotive Design (T.A.D.) – Scotland’s only sports car manufacturer. The reason behind the move is that 2005 promises to be particularly demanding for Turner Automotive Design. Plans for racing in the USA and possibly Russia as well as the completion of the new GT model prototype are all impinging on the administration time of owner/designer Steven Turner.
In order to free up time to allow Steven to concentrate on design and development, it has been decided to offer a single major share holding in the company.
“ We are already well advanced in our planning for fabrication of a new GT model as well as a racing programme in 2005 with a re-engined LMP. I cannot be everywhere at once and so have reached a decision that the administration should be put in the hands of an interested and enthusiastic party,” said Steven Turner from the company headquarters in Darvel.
Le Mans Prototype
Steven continued, “It is highly desirable to race the LMP in 2005 in a championship series in the USA. This is because of the following factors:
• We need exposure and publicity amongst the enthusiasts who are our bread and butter and will be our future customers
• We need to develop the platform that is the base of both the LMP and the GT. Racing is the fastest and most effective method
• An arrangement with a TV drama project require us to have a car on track in 2005 and 2006 for race filming and the huge publicity that will result”
Turner Automotive Design has selected the NASA Super Unlimited Class as the championship of choice as well as the 25 hour race that this region hosts at the end of 2005. This is a regionally organized series and they have opted for the Northern California region.
Establishment of a manufacturing base and dealerships in the USA should commence in 2005 with completion by the transition from 2005 to 2006. We are already approaching a number of known individuals to achieve this.
Artist Impression of V8 GT Model
Steven Turner has been working closely with North American Marketing Manager Chris Beddows to ensure a North American base.
“Current planning sees us considering Northern California as a location. This is because:
• The west coast will be a strong sales area
• Climate is conducive to year round testing as well as sales of both the LMP and the GT
• Cars created that pass emissions and safety regulations in California will be eligible anywhere else in the USA
• Tracks for testing and racing are ideally situated in the region at Thunderhill and Infineon Raceways.”
Independent track tests by prestigious journalists have all praised the LMP in its present guise for its safety in handling, its stability, reliability and sheer speed as well as value for money. The time is ripe for a North American sales and racing drive.
Steven Turner concluded, “Momentum has been achieved and financial investment in the project will maintain this if injected without delay. From a point of view of product, planning and development we have reached critical mass. We can only go onwards and upwards.”
To discuss the position of major shareholder and duties and privileges that will accrue to the position please contact Steven Turner directly.
Tel: +44 (0) 1560 321977
Mob/Cell: +44 (0) 7795 232859