Madabout Kitcars Forum

Madabout Kitcars Forum (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/index.php)
-   Tribute Automotive Builds (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Usa (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5713)

priceofhistoys 3rd December 2015 03:29

Usa

Anyone in the USA have any tribute model yet?

priceofhistoys 17th December 2015 01:43

I guess not lol

Roadster 17th December 2015 05:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by priceofhistoys (Post 73413)
I guess not lol

Not yet
Tribute will ship to the states but I guess the shipping cost looks high compared to the value priced kit.

Now if someone was to import a number of kits the shipping charge could be diluted into the retail price.

In my opinion, the kits fit without much effort, the best return of investment would be to bolt the kits onto donors and sell completed cars.

http://i1358.photobucket.com/albums/...psa0bgapdl.jpg

Danny_HUFC 17th December 2015 14:26

Steering wheel would be on the wrong side.

And the price of LHD z3s in the uk are a fortune! Believe me, ive looked for them!

Roadster 17th December 2015 20:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny_HUFC (Post 73417)
Steering wheel would be on the wrong side.

And the price of LHD z3s in the uk are a fortune! Believe me, ive looked for them!

I kind of meant that lhd z3's are cheap stateside and if someone was to assemble them there, there would be a profit to be made

priceofhistoys 17th December 2015 21:17

Yeah shipping a single kit would be $$$ . I did try to contact tribute but never got a reply. I was just curious if anyone has got one over here .

The z3 is pretty reasonable price wise in the states

Lucky@LeMans 17th December 2015 22:46

Probably not viable for a single kit, maybe get one of the US kit makers interested as a distributor and fill a container ?

4wheelfurry 18th December 2015 00:57

I have been in talks with Chris and am waiting on estimated shipping costs to bring some kits over here. My interest is in a custom long nose 352 kit, Chris stated there were multiple interests in his kits and he's trying to get a mass order to save on shipping. Hopefully it will work out for all of us, I am looking forward to starting my build!

priceofhistoys 18th December 2015 02:35

That would be good. Like to see what happens

Redandy 18th December 2015 13:37

I have costed a couple of MRS200 kits to the USA of America. Works out about £3500, but that is just to dump the crate on the quayside - the US buyer woudl have to sort paperwork, taxes which would be about £1500. Then take it home. ...which could be quite a long way! My enquiry was for someone up near the great lakes and it was 2 days drive in a van to New York to collect it! He decided it was too much hassle to make it worthwhile in the end. :sad: I think you need about 10 kits to make it worthwhile. :ohwell:

priceofhistoys 18th December 2015 14:36

Why do you mean by paperwork and taxes? Import fee on a body kit is 2.5% of the value of the kit. What's the rest?

Redandy 23rd December 2015 19:06

Not surek just what broker told me..

mobilerobbie 26th December 2015 10:03

To everyone:

We have build already 5 tribute cars LHD from the 1.9 auto in the pic to a staggering 3.2 M coupe....

We have currently 6 of those cars for sale so if you are after a LHD version already build visit our website:

www.bmwpoweredkitcars.com

Nubodi Automotive 26th December 2015 10:33

The two photos on the home page may not give the right impression. One is our first cobra we built and RHD and the other is a real one. You would be surprised how well educated your target market is...just read some of the forums. Not a complaint just an observation by the way.

mobilerobbie 26th December 2015 15:17

I will remove the pic from your car!

Nubodi Automotive 26th December 2015 16:52

No, I did not mean it that way...you are welcome to use our photos. Just thought it may have been better to have your own cars on the front page?

Redandy 10th February 2016 17:51

Got a quote form Johngoode shipping (Hull) which is interesting:

LCL / SEA FREIGTH
Collection :Dorset
Cargo : fibreglass kit car shells (car bodies)
: 2500 x 1500 x 2000 mm / 100 kgs

Door to Port all in rates
Toronto : GBP 600 13 days transit time
New York : GBP 450 7 days transit time
Seattle : GBP 820 34 days transit time

Above rates are inclusive of all UK charges and freight. Destination charges ,AMS filing and destination custom clearance to the consignee’s account.

All surcharges are VATOS unless otherwise specified.

Rates exclude insurance, cargo inspection costs, demurrage and all surcharges valid at time of shipment. Payment terms are cash against documents unless credit facilities have been agreed.

priceofhistoys 10th February 2016 19:09

So about $650 US . Is this if it was a container full, or per piece? From new york to my door would put one at about $1000

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redandy (Post 74886)
Got a quote form Johngoode shipping (Hull) which is interesting:

LCL / SEA FREIGTH
Collection :Dorset
Cargo : fibreglass kit car shells (car bodies)
: 2500 x 1500 x 2000 mm / 100 kgs

Door to Port all in rates
Toronto : GBP 600 13 days transit time
New York : GBP 450 7 days transit time
Seattle : GBP 820 34 days transit time

Above rates are inclusive of all UK charges and freight. Destination charges ,AMS filing and destination custom clearance to the consignee’s account.

All surcharges are VATOS unless otherwise specified.

Rates exclude insurance, cargo inspection costs, demurrage and all surcharges valid at time of shipment. Payment terms are cash against documents unless credit facilities have been agreed.

Redandy 11th February 2016 12:46

that's crated up and collected... not sure if its shipped inside somenone else's crate who has spare room, or what? nort sure how that even works! But if you want a kit, try the link - they are a proper massive comany and can do a full door to door service, or just dump it on the quayside, or anythning inbetween.