Madabout Kitcars Forum

Madabout Kitcars Forum (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/index.php)
-   Old No.7 Builds (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Kidge's Z3 275 Project (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5477)

Egdik 29th January 2017 13:15

Coupes ?

1 Attachment(s)
Might not DNA see a 250GT Tour de France as a logical development ?

Attachment 4114

redratbike 29th January 2017 15:04

Oh yeah I like that

smash 20th February 2017 08:42

Are they still going to market the convertible?

Also wonder what happened with the outsourcing of the molding of the SWB that was supposed to increase quality of bodies? Did that actually happen?

That Tour de France GT looks bloody gorgeous! Interesting it has the chrome trim atop the sill - kind of vindicates it's use on a SWB as some have already done. neat and tidy

Jaguartvr 20th February 2017 09:18

The sill trim is exactly what I am intending to do. Thanks for the picture.

Lucky@LeMans 20th February 2017 21:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by smash (Post 86264)
Are they still going to market the convertible?

Also wonder what happened with the outsourcing of the molding of the SWB that was supposed to increase quality of bodies? Did that actually happen?

That Tour de France GT looks bloody gorgeous! Interesting it has the chrome trim atop the sill - kind of vindicates it's use on a SWB as some have already done. neat and tidy

I emailed Chris just after Christmas. Looks like the development of the 275 convertible is on hold for the time being. I read in another thread some time ago that "some" grp work was being outsourced but being finished off at Tribute.I think they are busy supplying existing orders.
Probably best to contact Tribute directly for an up to date answer.
I did talk to Nubodi earlier in the new year about painting my Triumph Roadster but they are very busy and fully booked with builds / paint until August.

smash 5th March 2017 06:58

Ah OK -thanks. Didn't contact Tribute directly because I'm not looking at purchasing anything at the moment so would be wasting their busy time - was more curiousity tbh. Are you going to build one?

Mister Towed 23rd March 2017 17:32

Not sure how this project managed to get from the top pic to the bottom one, I guess there's no motor fitted in the first picture.

It'll be a real shame if the body can't be made to fit the donor as well as it does in the first picture as it was turning out to be a great looking car.

http://i1186.photobucket.com/albums/...ps4fpxgmre.jpg

http://i1186.photobucket.com/albums/...ps2uypkjvu.jpg

Jaguartvr 23rd March 2017 17:53

It looks to me as if the bonnet isn't pushed closed in the 2nd picture. The bottom front of the bonnet has been removed, it was going to be fixed to the body with the front bumper, hence the higher closure line.
It does look very close to being finished. I would image the windows could be a stumbling block but of course no problem for the convertible version.

Egdik 24th April 2017 15:34

Rebodied Z3

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 4340

Looking out for Z3 kitcars:

Here is an original and unusual Stefano Possati B32 from Italy, with a Lancia Aurelia radiator grill. Built in about 2013. It was a Z3(M), but with Coupe door window glass. Searches produce few close up photos.

It comes from the Mille Miglia Design group: http://www.virtualcar.it/mille-migli...efano-possati/

Jaguartvr 24th April 2017 15:38

That is truly hideous.

What happened to the 275? It looked so close to being finished.

lancelot link 24th April 2017 18:33

Not the prettiest conversion I have ever seen .....

Lucky@LeMans 24th April 2017 18:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaguartvr (Post 87592)
That is truly hideous.

What happened to the 275? It looked so close to being finished.

I hoped we might be seeing a prototype on display at Stoneliegh but that looks unlikely now.

Barber 24th April 2017 18:42

That conversion looks like a spoiled dream. Cannot believe they pursued it to the end.

lancelot link 24th April 2017 18:45

The pic looks a bit photoshopped ..hopefully it is !!

Barber 24th April 2017 18:47

They could have sorted it then haha

Kit 275GTB 19th May 2017 16:25

Mister Towed,
It is not very easy to make a 275GTB body fit on a Z3 as I have found out. The overall dimensions are close but for a start the 275 nose is very long.

Egdik 20th May 2017 00:01

Modesty and progress.

The Possati was shown as someone's product. It has qualities and a style different from
anything else visible on our horizons. It may or may not be beautiful, but it is original.

As a complete novice when I embarked upon this development, of a Z3 body conversion,
the lessons learnt have been significant. Many of you are decades ahead of things here in GTB land.
So far fellow builders have been patient with a slow pace of growth. There is a suggestion that
the GTB NART / convertible will move forward this summer.

Currently, the pressure of a time schedule is pushing me onwards. Often a pleasure,
but sometimes testing and frustrating . . . you may know these symptons . . .

My hope is that the car will be running in early June and shortly afterwards, I shall try and get
some text and photos up here.
[/FONT]

Paul L 20th May 2017 06:13

Egdik - I certainly know the "testing and frustrating" parts of building a kit.

However, it is a great experience when you finally get to drive it on the road.

Your 275 project certainly looks like it could be amazing when finished. :cool:

So good luck and keep us posted, Paul. :)

Egdik 9th June 2017 21:01

275gtb otr

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 4405

Here we are on some Dorset Heath, heading to the Tribute OC on Saturday. More to follow.

Aus Simmo 9th June 2017 23:42

Well that looks very nice indeed. LOTS of photos to follow please! Is the paint matte, or is it just short of final painting? Your car has turned out very well and I'm jealous.