Madabout Kitcars Forum

Madabout Kitcars Forum (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/index.php)
-   Tribute Automotive Builds (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Seanicks Unnecessary Life Complication (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3924)

Martini 2nd May 2015 11:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by seanick (Post 66178)
But first, some late items of news....

After replacing several fillings involving hundreds of pounds if dentistry work I am replacing the suspension springs with standard ones. I might even be able to get over a speed bump or too. The main reason is to make it pleasant to drive. Whilst it may excel on the track, on public roads its simply uncomfortable to drive, so I simply dont drive it.

Exhaust. This is very fruity, and makes me drive like a twat. After the petition from the neighbours and a verbal warning from the boys in blue its time to fit a fully standard exhaust from one end to the other.
At least then I can leave the road without the black looks from passers by.

With these two issues sorted I might use it, and if I use it I might be inspired to paint it :ballchain:

You might receive less remarks if it was painted. Right now, it looks like a teenage hooligan kit car; with some paint, it would be a tasteful classic.

seanick 2nd May 2015 17:34

But I am a teenage hooligan!

Martini 2nd June 2015 13:12

Paint it and you'll be an undercover teenage hooligan ;-)

seanick 15th August 2019 22:15

Ok chaps, brace yourself, today the car went into my workshop to be finished and painted!

redratbike 15th August 2019 23:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by seanick (Post 101700)
Ok chaps, brace yourself, today the car went into my workshop to be finished and painted!

Wow!!!!!!

seanick 16th August 2019 19:06

That's what everyone else said!
First thing is to remove the remotely operated bonnet catches and change them got two lever type from a Triumph Herald.

redratbike 16th August 2019 19:41

Has it taken this long to choose a colour???

seanick 16th August 2019 19:43

It has.
Also two seater cars and two children don't mix!!

Triumph Special 17th August 2019 15:54

Can't wait to see this one in paint! Always one of the very best builds on here.

jones 17th August 2019 19:09

Lets get some update pics on....

seanick 17th August 2019 21:16

Ok, but.....about to have my annual holiday, so progress will start on my return, honest!!

froggyman 17th August 2019 21:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by seanick (Post 101714)
Ok, but.....about to have my annual holiday, so progress will start on my return, honest!!

How long are you going for this time!:smile:

Egdik 19th August 2019 22:29

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 6309

Owners Meeting

Saturday September 7th

Lunch at The Pelican Inn

Froxfield, on the A4 between Hungerford & Marlborough

www.pelicaninn.co.uk

We are welcome and booked from 11am with lunch at around 12.30pm

There are two spacious car parks, where we can have a drink and talk Tribute Cars.

Afterwards you / we can drive round a bit of Hampshire to the

Silk Mill at Whitchurch

for tea, overlooking the river Test, last orders 3.30pm.

www.whitchurchsilkmill.org.uk

If you are interested the Pelican Inn also has a room or two overnight on the Friday and or Saturday. We are staying there Friday night.

Please let me know if you will attend or at least think about it.

REPLY to Kidge on his site

OR The Owners site

OR PM me

OR email kidge.elder@btinternet.com

Paul L 20th August 2019 20:54

SeaNick - A belated welcome back. :cool:

Hope all goes well with the paint and I look forward to seeing it finished.

Good luck, Paul. :)

seanick 29th September 2019 15:46

2 Attachment(s)
Finally a few hours to get my head around fitting the Triumph over center bonnet latches.
I did have two remotely operated hidden bonnet catches, but I couldn't get the bonnet tight enough to avoid a rattle.
These have to be recessed, so cut a hole, bevel the edges, then get a little GRP in there to give something to work with.

Triumph Special 29th September 2019 19:47

They're a nice addition that will further the emphasise the period look of your car.

Hammy 13th November 2019 16:46

You still building Nick! Long time no speak but I know this is going to look just WOW!

Triumph Special 4th October 2021 18:28

What became of this one? What colour was it painted? Always my favourite 250 build.