Madabout Kitcars Forum

Madabout Kitcars Forum (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/index.php)
-   Sammio Builds and discussions (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Another Cordite Is Born ... (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3492)

Barber 18th November 2017 16:42

Paul, it has been an epic journey, and one similarly trod by the Dammit and related builds. It has been a great read. Kept posting On the Road updates.

molleur 18th November 2017 19:29

I, too, look forward to your posts Paul!

lancelot link 18th November 2017 20:52

GREAT NEWS ....I do really like the look of your car Paul ...It would look perfectly at home amongst the pages of this new book ...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Special-Obs...ial+obsessions

Which , as far as I am concerned , is A JOB VERY WELL DONE ...

PART OF ME IS SAYING DON'T PUT THE ROUNDALLS ON HER ..But it's your car ..

DaveP 18th November 2017 23:21

Paul,

Well done matey.

Really enjoyed your thread and looking forward to next one.

I have stolen your rear reflector/fog light idea and intend putting them on my Kobra. Especially now you have proven them through another MOT

Good luck

Dave

Paul L 19th November 2017 07:34

Cheers everyone. :cool:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Deggsy – If not at Stoneleigh, I will definitely be arranging a forum gathering in 2018.

Roadster – I will be putting the numbers on this morning.

Looking forward to filming the sequel to The Harrow Job, but may wait until the warm weather returns.

Barber & Molleur – I hope to start my ‘On The Road’ thread later today.

Lancelot – My car certainly looks related to the one of the cars on the cover of that book.

As the roundels are not self-adhesive, it will be easy to remove them again if they don’t work.
( But I’m hoping the yellow background will work well with the nose band. :pray: )

Dave – The LED reflectors are actually ‘Stop/Tail’ lights, so I wired both together to get ‘Fog’.

Here is a photo I took at night when the rear lights had blown and I limped home with the fog lights on.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/xU...=w1146-h859-no

Finally, I realised I should have ended this build thread with some statistics…

Build – Part 1
From Spitfire 1500 donor car arriving to 1st MOT for a Triumph Swordfish on the road.
22nd April 2012 to 31st August 2016
4 years, 4 months, 9 days

Build – Part 2
From last drive on the road in primer to 2nd MOT in paint and back on the road.
14th May 2017 to 18th November 2017
6 months, 4 days

Total Build
4 years, 10 months, 13 days

Take care, Paul. :)

Mister Towed 19th November 2017 08:03

Good effort Paul and congratulations on the fresh MOT. Look forward to seeing the shakedown/on the road thread. :)

Jerome 19th November 2017 08:32

Congratulations Paul!
The car looks great.I will miss the nearly daily updates:icon_cry:
Looking forward to your new tread.

Gr.Rob

micky1mo 19th November 2017 09:12

PaulL Great job and well done. :smokin:
But you have to remember, it's said, a kit car is never finished it's just waiting for the next *up-grade*!!

With that in mind I have a little *up-grade* you might like to work-on so I'll post them to you! :banplease:

PS, what are you going to do with all your spare time!!!!!!!!

lancelot link 19th November 2017 09:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by micky1mo (Post 91937)
PaulL
what are you going to do with all your spare time!!!!!!!!

DRIVE IT ...With all this mild weather , there's no excuses ...only severe rain has ever stopped me driving these cars , you can put hats , gloves , coats etc on and they are quite cosy with a bit of warmth coming through the bulkhead generally .....

Mick O'Malley 19th November 2017 09:32

Herculean Indeed!

Many many congratulations Paul. An epic build. Your dedication is truly inspirational.

I look forward to seeing it in the flesh one day.

Regards, Mick

Jaguartvr 19th November 2017 09:34

Not keen on the LED numberplate bulb, too modern.
You want a nice warm yellowish glow, preferably the "Lucas, Prince of Darkness" type that will flicker when you go over a bump!

In that last picture, dare I say it? It looks as if it has been painted in grey primer DOH!

lancelot link 19th November 2017 10:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaguartvr (Post 91941)

In that last picture, dare I say it? It looks as if it has been painted in grey primer DOH!

That is a picture of it when it was in primer .....

Jaguartvr 19th November 2017 10:52

He is just trying to trick me!

Paul L 19th November 2017 15:36

Mister Towed – Thanks and I’m looking forward to your new build thread too.

Jerome – Cheers Rob and your build inspired my wind deflector lip in front of the aero screens.

Micky1Mo – There is definitely more work to do, but that can all wait for a while now.

Lancelot – I was able to test the heater today, good in traffic, but on motorways “Not so much”.

Mick O’Malley – At some point I will start planning a 2018 forum get together.

Jag – I agree the LED number plate light is a bit too neon, so will add that to the list.

And my apologies, that was an old photo with the car in primer just to just the fog light working in the dark.

Hear Ye! Hear Ye!

This build thread is now officially closed.

But you are all more that welcome to join me in my new thread, which will be opening shortly.

Cheers, Paul. :)

WelshOne 25th January 2018 20:40

Haven't been on here for at least 12 months I would say.

Oh my god what a stunning car you have created.

I've gone back on the threads I have missed and you have had a roller coaster of a trip with the paint work, Might not be perfect to what you wanted but at the end of the day you've created this stunner and you've done it all on your driveway. So hats off to you Sir and more importantly enjoy :)

Paul L 26th January 2018 09:31

WelshOne - Thanks for your kind words. :cool:

There are more photos of the car 'out and about' here:

http://www.madabout-kitcars.com/foru...ead.php?t=6550

Where you will also see that the paintwork continues to give me problems. :rolleyes:

However, it does nothing to distract from the great fun the car is to drive. :D

Cheers, Paul. :)