Madabout Kitcars Forum

Madabout Kitcars Forum (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/index.php)
-   Tribute Automotive Builds (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Anyone going to Newark or Stoneleigh (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7304)

Lucky@LeMans 2nd June 2020 23:27

Anyone going to Newark or Stoneleigh

Is anyone planning to go to the revamped Newark show or the rescheduled Stoneleigh ?

They might be successful events as so many other shows have been cancelled this year.

Drummajor 3rd June 2020 07:57

I’m planning on going .

Car photographer 4th June 2020 10:43

hopefully - depends on the weather if I take the kit or not though (sorry, I answered before i realised this was a Tribute question)

Hughandjen 4th June 2020 13:12

I’m thinking about going��

Lucky@LeMans 4th June 2020 14:31

I'll try and do both, not sure if the Z3GTc will be ready for Newark but should be good for Stoneleigh !

ned 5th June 2020 15:43

What are the new dates ?

Lucky@LeMans 5th June 2020 21:03

Newark 25 - 26 July

Stoneleigh 29 - 30 August

ned 8th June 2020 14:20

Great I’m off both weekends so could possibly do both

Lucky@LeMans 13th June 2020 17:51

There must be a few more takers ?

I had an email from the Italian Replica Club saying that they would be surprised if Newark goes ahead. I would think by the end of July there is every chance that it will. I hope the government allows largely outdoor events to take place from July, its not like you're standing shoulder to shoulder at kit car shows !

Mitchelkitman 13th June 2020 19:19

I'll be there with my facemask :eusa_whistle:

WorldClassAccident 13th June 2020 22:12

I help organise event on the same dates and the revised Stoneliegh and we have just cancelled it following advice from insurance company.

I will give this year a miss. I would rather see friends next year than attend their funerals this year for the sake of seeing some polished plastic

Mitchelkitman 13th June 2020 23:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by WorldClassAccident (Post 104488)
I help organise event on the same dates and the revised Stoneliegh and we have just cancelled it following advice from insurance company.

I will give this year a miss. I would rather see friends next year than attend their funerals this year for the sake of seeing some polished plastic

My attendance is with the caveat of "I'll consider the numbers/risk at the time"
The way forward is based on risk and numbers (I'm not convinced we as 'the general public' are given the whole story) but we have to make our own decisions to some extent on actions we have control over. I certainly don't intend on using public transport, at the other end of the spectrum our neighbours appear to have been doing everything as normal since March, visitors going in, staying hours (even one who was in Hospital with pneumonia during April) Beggars belief..... Oops sorry went off track a bit there, that's cabin fever effect :shocked:

IanA 15th June 2020 17:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by WorldClassAccident (Post 104488)
...I will give this year a miss. I would rather see friends next year than attend their funerals this year for the sake of seeing some polished plastic

That's how I feel too. I've written off this year as far as show attendance goes. I'll just have to find other excuses for long drives. I was intending to tax the Fury for 6 months as well but it can stay under cover nice and SORNed until next year now.

Lucky@LeMans 15th June 2020 21:11

I can understand every point of view raised regarding attending shows. The way I look at it is that if they are going ahead then they should be safe to attend. I'm sure we are all happy to do the social distancing thing and what ever else is deemed to be good practice on the day. Being largely outdoor events I would expect the few shows that do go ahead to be safe environments compared to a trip to the shops in a busy town centre.

Lucky@LeMans 16th June 2020 20:12

The Italian Replica Club emailed me to say that the Newark show is now cancelled. However the Newark Show website still says its on, I'll try and confirm in the morning.

NeilF355 19th June 2020 08:07

Confirmation of the Newark show cancellation is on Complete Kit Car magazines facebook page. It says

"The Newark show, scheduled to take place next month, has been cancelled. Organisers Grosvenor Shows said: "It is with regret that we have decided to cancel the Newark Kit Car Show in July this year. We have considered other dates for later this year but sadly these are not suitable. We are currently still planning to hold the Stoneleigh Kit Car Show in August (29 – 30 August 2020)."
Tickets will be valid for next year's show."