Madabout Kitcars Forum

Madabout Kitcars Forum (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/index.php)
-   Tribute Automotive Builds (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Geoff's 250 SWB Replica Build (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4261)

Mister Towed 17th March 2015 20:03

OMG! That wallet costs two and a half times what I paid for my seats. WTF?

ufo17 17th March 2015 20:06

Forgot to say how great those seats look, cant believe how cheap they were either. Nice find.

Mister Towed 17th March 2015 20:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by ufo17 (Post 64566)
Forgot to say how great those seats look, cant believe how cheap they were either. Nice find.

Yep, bargain. Just hope they'll fit...

y cymro 17th March 2015 23:09

BMW Z3 standard seat dimensions

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s...E9FD8FE544.jpg

Rover Dimensions. - Z3 dimensions

Base front to rear max 60cm. - 530mm

Base max width (including adjusters) 55cm front, 50cm rear. - 525/533

Base height from floor to seat min 24cm (driver's height adjustable). - 240

Seat back height (at comfortable angle) 74cm. - 760 shoulder height/970 top of h/rest

Seat back width max 50cm. - 533mm

Seat runner length 45cm. - 500mm/ 345 between centres of fixing holes

Seat runner track width (outside edge to outside edge) 51cm. - 400mm between centre of fixing holes / 425 outside edge-outside edge.

Mister Towed 18th March 2015 07:17

Thanks for those measurements YC, it looks like the Rover seats are going to be a comfortable fit then. Yipee! :)

zagmad 24th March 2015 20:52

Bag 1 and 5 look good. Quite sturdy looking. Strong shape and structure. Just needs stripes or numbered spot

zagmad 24th March 2015 20:54

Satchel and small sports bag. I would prob have GTE z on mine :)

redratbike 25th March 2015 16:41

why stay true to the original...nice bit of photoshop
http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/i/20...so-d8ja3jr.jpg

Mister Towed 25th March 2015 16:45

I do hope that's photoshopped.

If not, that twin turbine sound is Sergio Pininfarina and Enzo Ferrari spinning in their graves.

Sacrilege.

Mister Towed 25th March 2015 16:51

Some things are just plain tasteless. Coincidentally I found this wonderful critique of customer taste on Longstone Tyres web site earlier today -

Some people think that an e-type Jaguar looks good with a white wall tyre. They are wrong. However we can supply the 205/70SR15 Hercules white band tyre. This is a tyre fitted by a lot of car dealers because the price is low. The speed rating is not really suited to an E-type Jaguar, but we have to accept we are in business to make a living so here they are.

XJ6 Tyres
The Jaguar XJ6 was the first production car to fit the new low profile tyre technology in the size ER/70VR15 (which is the same as a 205/70VR15).

The tyre we have here is a 205/70SR15 Hercules. With a thin white band on one side. This white band can be fitted facing inboard so you can't see it and your car wouldn't be made to look vulgar by having a white band on its tyres. this 205/70SR15 Hercules tyre has a speed rating that is not really suited to an XJ6 however at present it is the lowest price tyre in that size.

Oh I do like their style. :)

redratbike 25th March 2015 19:11

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ferrari-Fu...:B:WNA:GB:1653
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mister Towed (Post 64877)
I do hope that's photoshopped.

If not, that twin turbine sound is Sergio Pininfarina and Enzo Ferrari spinning in their graves.

Sacrilege.

Ha ha i knew would upset...the car is quite famous yes its photoshopped

Did you buy the ferrari fuel cap earlier....ooops link at the top on my phone with fat fingers

Mister Towed 25th March 2015 20:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by redratbike (Post 64889)
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ferrari-Fu...:B:WNA:GB:1653

Ha ha i knew would upset...the car is quite famous yes its photoshopped

Did you buy the ferrari fuel cap earlier....ooops link at the top on my phone with fat fingers

Wasn't me that bought the filler cap. Will be using some sort of Aston style myself.

Thank goodness those massive wires are photoshopped, that's all I can say on the matter.

WorldClassAccident 25th March 2015 21:10

Oh, it is the wheels you object to, I thought it might be the rounders or the fact it is not silver. :-)

IanA 25th March 2015 21:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mister Towed (Post 64878)
.... this 205/70SR15 Hercules tyre has a speed rating that is not really suited to an XJ6 however at present it is the lowest price tyre in that size...

Not really suited = actually illegal.

I was surprised when my tyre shop said that winter tyres "didn't really need" to be properly speed rated.

I bought the Falken Euro All Weather tyres specifically because they were V rated to match the 150mph E-Type wheels on the 143mph Z3 car.

WorldClassAccident 25th March 2015 21:20

Isit illegal to run tyres that are rated below the cars VMax?

My Merc is limited to 206mph which is above the current tyre rating and it passed the MOT

landmannnn 25th March 2015 21:39

In the UK you can run lower rated tyres provided you don't go over the speed rating.

WorldClassAccident 25th March 2015 21:43

That's okay then, never been over 150 in the UK

Mister Towed 25th March 2015 22:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by WorldClassAccident (Post 64900)
Oh, it is the wheels you object to, I thought it might be the rounders or the fact it is not silver. :-)

No, I actually really like that dark burgundy red colour.

On the tyre speed rating thing, in the UK it's perfectly legal for private car owners to fit tyres of any speed rating to any car as you can't legally drive at more than 70mph ( I can though, muhahaha. Muhahahaha!).

In Germany of course, there are stretches of autobahn where you can drive as fast as the car will go (and the traffic will allow), so it's a legal requirement to have the correct speed rating.

In Italy it doesn't matter what tyres you fit as long as they look really stylish.

In America it's important to fit the worst tyres you can find so that your family can sue the manufacturer when you crash and burn.

And if you're a car dealer with a Z3 for sale it's important you fit bald tyres and put in the ad that it's got a/c and cruise control even though it bloody hasn't...

IanA 25th March 2015 22:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by landmannnn (Post 64904)
In the UK you can run lower rated tyres provided you don't go over the speed rating.

The Motor Vehicles (Approval) Regulations 2001
Quote:
16. Tyres
6. Each wheel on each axle shall be equipped with a tyre which has a load capacity such that when the axle is loaded to its maximum permitted axle weight, the weight transmitted to the road surface by that tyre does not exceed that load capacity.

7. The speed capability of all tyres fitted shall be not less than the maximum design speed of the vehicle.

Has the law been changed since then? Or is it just for new vehicles (why)?

I would expect an insurance company to evade the claim if lower rated tyres were found to be on a crashed vehicle even if they didn't cause the event.

8 Valve Ed 25th March 2015 22:47

That's my understanding too Ian, it isn't just the outright speed capability, with that come the ability to withstand the power which is transmitted through the sidewall without rupturing the fabric.

Insurance companies tend to check out such 'trivia'. The last proposal form I had they wanted to know the make and size details of each tyre fitted to the car??? Not sure if you were supposed to contact them if you happened to have a puncture...