Madabout Kitcars Forum

Madabout Kitcars Forum (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/index.php)
-   Miglia Builds and discussion (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Miglia Spitfire Photos (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4843)

swifty 25th March 2014 20:48

Miglia Spitfire Photos

I would love to see some photos of a spitfire based Miglia as i my bank balance is burning a hole in my pocket :mad2::mad2:, i can see that a number of people have asked for these but to date nothing, come on Mikmiglia and get those promised photos on the net.

The GT6 engine is now refurbished and the spitfire donor has just arrived ready for the major strip and repair so to complete the picture i need a body, will it be a Miglia or Ribble?

Marc F 26th March 2014 11:37

When I last spoke to Mike he was sorting out the floors and the internal framework on my test model, so I think we will not be far off seeing photos.

mikmiglia 26th March 2014 19:03

Sorry guys , i will show you the body 100 percent after weekend.

I understand your frustration. I dont spend a lot of time on the net so i sorry for the lack of updates.

adventuresoftimtim 27th March 2014 10:51

Hi Mike

Are you going to stoneleigh this year? Would be great to see a miglia if possible or if not just chat through some questions I have. Cheers Tim

swifty 27th March 2014 12:45

A miglia at stoneleigh would be a great start to get to see the cars proportions and stance. Any chance of you being at stoneleigh Mike with the spitfire based car?

mikmiglia 27th March 2014 17:59

I should be at Stoneleigh with two finished cars. that s what i am after.

One of each. Also we will be offering Porsche 356 kits soon too. More on that later.

Mister Towed 27th March 2014 18:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikmiglia (Post 53720)

One of each. Also we will be offering Porsche 356 kits soon too. More on that later.

Beetle based?

swifty 27th March 2014 18:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikmiglia (Post 53720)

At last some positive news, look forward to seeing the Miglia cars at the Stoneleigh show, also a chance to see the Navigator again, cheque book at the ready.

mikmiglia 27th March 2014 22:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mister Towed (Post 53723)
Beetle based?

Yes based on beetle , as chesil do . Its a perfect example with a gel finish.

Comes with a nice frame and all internal panels . Good Quality kit.

Mister Towed 28th March 2014 12:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikmiglia (Post 53729)

Sounds good Mike, it's one of those cars that'll always sell well at the right price, like Cobras, Sevens and Sammios...

Is this something you're putting together yourself or are you buying in the moulds/packages?

Will you be sourcing a screen and rag top, or going stripped down aero racer look?

Is it going on a shortened chassis (iva) or a standard beetle chassis like the ill fated Pilgrim stretched limo look speedster?

Sorry for all the questions, but if you remember my thread the original inspiration that sowed the seed for me to build my own sports racing car was an early Porsche replica, so I'm interested to see what you're going to produce. :rockon:

swifty 1st April 2014 12:32

Mike do you have the promised photos of the spitfire based car.

swifty 2nd April 2014 16:48

Mike its does not look good for your business when you promise things then don't follow up, a simple one line response would be good, I've pm you also.

Barry Stard 2nd April 2014 19:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikmiglia (Post 53729)

Can't wait for the pictures of this one

Viatron 2nd April 2014 20:49

Swifty, you could order a Ribble tomorrow :-)

swifty 2nd April 2014 21:35

Its very tempting Viatron as i have been down to see Andy at Ribble HQ a month or so ago.

mikmiglia 3rd April 2014 05:40

Sorry Guys, up to neck in it. I will take the camera in and sort the pictures out.

Swifty i understand , please feel free and just order a Ribble .

Marc F 3rd April 2014 11:35

Hi Mike - I fancy popping down soon to discuss my car and progress so let me know when you are free please - Saturdays as always for me, but I assume you will be off over the bank holiday weekend.

But sounds good so far - glad you are busy - always nice to have work coming in and paying the bills, even if it means the car stuff takes a bit longer.

mikmiglia 3rd April 2014 17:46

Hi Marc,

I hope you got your message today the following Saturday is ok if any good to you Mark.

Cheers Mike

Marc F 4th April 2014 10:58

Cheers Mike - just arranging domestics but reckon I will be down Saturday 12th. Will call you to confirm. Looking forward to catching up.

mikmiglia 4th April 2014 18:44

Lovely mate speak soon .