Madabout Kitcars Forum

Madabout Kitcars Forum (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/index.php)
-   Tribute Automotive Builds (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   MX250C build (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6760)

terryg 29th May 2018 12:46

MX250C build

Hi all, I need some help with the build I have just started (had the kit and car in the garage for a year and just getting around to starting after moving home) This is my first time building a kit so just a little nervous about what I should and shouldn't do!

I've stripped the front end, attached the fibreglass wing supports, etc. but I have a couple of issues. For the life of me I cannot get the front end to marry up with the two under wing bolts near the drivers door (other side seems fine). There is a bolt on a mount half way between the top and bottom of the inner wing (near the door) should I be using this or just get rid of it?

Second issue, bought the mini head light kits as suggested in the parts guide but the bowls behind the lights are too big and hit the corners of the car frame. Do I cut these parts of the frame out, bash them in with a hammer or cut the backs of the bowls off?

Finally does anyone who has built a 250C have any build tips they could send me to make my life easier!

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Terry

IanA 29th May 2018 17:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by terryg (Post 95246)
Hi all, I need some help with the build I have just started ...Finally does anyone who has built a 250C have any build tips they could send me to make my life easier!Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Terry

Welcome and good luck!!!

Forum search is your friend here. There are a number of MX250 build stories here (and some stunning results to inspire you).

The second issue is a common one and has definitely been covered a number of times.

I don't recall anything about the first one but once you've found the threads and the builders, they'll be happy to share their experiences.

Drummajor 29th May 2018 19:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by terryg (Post 95246)
Hi all, I need some help with the build I have just started (had the kit and car in the garage for a year and just getting around to starting after moving home) This is my first time building a kit so just a little nervous about what I should and shouldn't do!

I've stripped the front end, attached the fibreglass wing supports, etc. but I have a couple of issues. For the life of me I cannot get the front end to marry up with the two under wing bolts near the drivers door (other side seems fine). There is a bolt on a mount half way between the top and bottom of the inner wing (near the door) should I be using this or just get rid of it?

Second issue, bought the mini head light kits as suggested in the parts guide but the bowls behind the lights are too big and hit the corners of the car frame. Do I cut these parts of the frame out, bash them in with a hammer or cut the backs of the bowls off?

Finally does anyone who has built a 250C have any build tips they could send me to make my life easier!

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Terry

Hi, welcome, I’ve built two mx250 c ‘s a mk1 and a mk2 , so feel free to ask.
Ref the bowls, I cut the back off, it’s only plastic and doesn’t serve much purpose, I little tap with the hammer on the metal frame was also useful.

Where are you based?
My thread (one of them) is “I thought it was finished” the other is “Adams 250c”
Good luck

WorldClassAccident 29th May 2018 19:40

Hi - welcome and good luck. This site is great for finding advice and pictures. Make a note of the two mentioned so you can always find them plus any others you find.

It is sometimes worth posting a question on those threads or a link to the new thread you have created. That way the original people will see their thread on the first page and their curiosity/vanity will prevent them from not responding.

mazdarazmataz 29th May 2018 19:50

Hi there, did you remove the old bonnet hinges? When i built mine I had to grind them off as they wouldn't unbolt and were in the way.

If you pm me your email or phone no. I can offer you advise as you need it

terryg 29th May 2018 23:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drummajor (Post 95255)
Hi, welcome, I’ve built two mx250 c ‘s a mk1 and a mk2 , so feel free to ask.
Ref the bowls, I cut the back off, it’s only plastic and doesn’t serve much purpose, I little tap with the hammer on the metal frame was also useful.

Where are you based?
My thread (one of them) is “I thought it was finished” the other is “Adams 250c”
Good luck

Thanks for the information, the bowls I have are metal but I guess it's just the same, will definitely try a little fettling the frame with a hammer! Thanks for the threads as well, I'll go through them.

Cheers Terry

Welshkiwi 30th May 2018 05:48

Welcome to the forum!

Welcome Terry, sounds like you have plenty of inspiration reading in the threads to get on with already shared, the one thing you will find is there is always an answer or a friendly ear or two ready to assist when it gets a bit challenging.
All the best, look forward to watching your thread with interest whilst I am building my Italia 275GTB. Keep posting! Cheers Mark.

terryg 30th May 2018 12:17

help with MX250C build

Quote:

Originally Posted by WorldClassAccident (Post 95257)
Hi - welcome and good luck. This site is great for finding advice and pictures. Make a note of the two mentioned so you can always find them plus any others you find.

It is sometimes worth posting a question on those threads or a link to the new thread you have created. That way the original people will see their thread on the first page and their curiosity/vanity will prevent them from not responding.

Thanks for the advice! Great idea. Regards Terry

terryg 30th May 2018 13:05

help with MX250C build

Quote:

Originally Posted by Welshkiwi (Post 95268)
Welcome Terry, sounds like you have plenty of inspiration reading in the threads to get on with already shared, the one thing you will find is there is always an answer or a friendly ear or two ready to assist when it gets a bit challenging.
All the best, look forward to watching your thread with interest whilst I am building my Italia 275GTB. Keep posting! Cheers Mark.

Hi Mark, is that Mark Blyth who I've just shipped a 275GTB to?

terryg 30th May 2018 13:18

First pictures

2 Attachment(s)
Attachment 5250

terryg 30th May 2018 13:20

First pictures

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 5252

DaveP 30th May 2018 14:32

glad you have decent brakes terry :)

the front does look good so far though

Dave

molleur 30th May 2018 14:41

looking good Terry!

Welshkiwi 31st May 2018 04:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by terryg (Post 95282)
Hi Mark, is that Mark Blyth who I've just shipped a 275GTB to?

The very same sir! You can find my thread in the Old No 7 part of the forum.
For info the vessel is in the Red Sea heading for Jeddah, just the Somalian pirates to get past and it is almost here! :fencing: Cheers.

Paul L 31st May 2018 06:19

TerryG – Have you seen the build threads here?

http://www.madabout-kitcars.com/foru...ead.php?t=4623

Although there are far more coupes than convertibles, I hope it helps.

Good luck, Paul. :)

terryg 31st May 2018 11:25

First pictures

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveP (Post 95289)
glad you have decent brakes terry :)

the front does look good so far though

Dave

Hi Dave, bloody can't work out how to turn the picture around! All good on my pc then they rotate when I put them on, think it has something to do with the size?

terryg 31st May 2018 11:27

your kit

Quote:

Originally Posted by Welshkiwi (Post 95297)
The very same sir! You can find my thread in the Old No 7 part of the forum.
For info the vessel is in the Red Sea heading for Jeddah, just the Somalian pirates to get past and it is almost here! :fencing: Cheers.

Hi Mark,

I'm sure it will be fine, haven't had a ship attacked in quite a few years now! (famous last words......)

terryg 31st May 2018 11:29

help with MX250C build

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul L (Post 95299)
TerryG – Have you seen the build threads here?

http://www.madabout-kitcars.com/foru...ead.php?t=4623

Although there are far more coupes than convertibles, I hope it helps.

Good luck, Paul. :)

Thanks Paul, yes I've gone through some of them, got quite a lot of information. Only trouble is trawling through hundreds of pages to get what you need! Wife on my case for sitting on my laptop all night!!! Thanks Terry