Madabout Kitcars Forum

Madabout Kitcars Forum (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/index.php)
-   Tribute Automotive Builds (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Grassbank 250 on ebay (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7141)

smash 4th August 2019 09:34

Grassbank 250 on ebay

The stunning Grassbank 250 is now on eBay. Wonder if they will build another or continue with parts supplies.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F113841839852

Hughandjen 4th August 2019 09:55

Love that car wow

Lucky@LeMans 4th August 2019 10:07

A very impressive car. I spent a while looking around it at Stoneliegh, I couldn't fault it.

smash 4th August 2019 10:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff H (Post 101608)
Maybe the Auto thing may put a few off, it will be interesting to see how long it takes to find a buyer.

I dunno, think it would be more the stock interior - everything so superb I never understood why they had chosen not to do it when I saw it at Stoneleigh. That said what would cost be, 5k? Not a lot when talking about a car of that value. A negotiating point maybe lol! 😂

Jaguartvr 5th August 2019 14:35

It certainly is a stunning build and the best so far but would be so much better with a DNA style interior.
I think the auto option would put a lot of buyers off.

Hughandjen 5th August 2019 16:10

1 Attachment(s)
Have you seen the quality interiors Malcolm at Automotive Nostalgia makes.

Jaguartvr 5th August 2019 18:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by smash (Post 101607)
The stunning Grassbank 250 is now on eBay. Wonder if they will build another or continue with parts supplies.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F113841839852

I think you will find that they will be continuing. They are just updating their website and have quite a few new goodies available that will be of interest to builders.
I have just received a pair of stainless steel threshold plates, very nice. They also have some new instrument dial covers coming on line, look good and will be a great update on the Tribute/BMW style dash.

DaveP 5th August 2019 19:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by smash (Post 101612)
I dunno, think it would be more the stock interior - everything so superb I never understood why they had chosen not to do it when I saw it at Stoneleigh. That said what would cost be, 5k? Not a lot when talking about a car of that value. A negotiating point maybe lol! 😂

Agree with you Scott. The rest is so good that a period dash would be the icing on the cake.

I suppose we need to consider what £70k would also buy and assess the product with that in mind.

Having never enough funds to ever buy one I do comment with care not to offend anyone.

Lovely car though

Dave

Egdik 19th August 2019 23:35

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 6314

Owners Meeting

Saturday September 7th

Lunch at The Pelican Inn

Froxfield, on the A4 between Hungerford & Marlborough

www.pelicaninn.co.uk

We are welcome and booked from 11am with lunch at around 12.30pm

There are two spacious car parks, where we can have a drink and talk Tribute Cars.

Afterwards you / we can drive round a bit of Hampshire to the

Silk Mill at Whitchurch

for tea, overlooking the river Test, last orders 3.30pm.

www.whitchurchsilkmill.org.uk

If you are interested the Pelican Inn also has a room or two overnight on the Friday and or Saturday. We are staying there Friday night.

Please let me know if you will attend or at least think about it.

REPLY to Kidge on his site

OR The Owners site

OR PM me

OR email kidge.elder@btinternet.com

trev dunn 20th August 2019 12:10

I was talking the guys from Grassbank at Tatton Park car show on Sunday specifically about the interior because I am looking to do mine they said they have taken the Nubodi dash which they said didnt fit too well modified it and they should be available about January/Febuary. They are only about 12 miles away from where I live so I will be keeping in touch to see how they get on.

smash 20th August 2019 12:36

That's good news about the dash. Are they building another demo car

trev dunn 20th August 2019 17:07

Didnt ask about that but said they were revising their web site so looked yesterday and there is a bit of info about a third build. they said the dash should come in at a price around the same as the Classic Coachworks or just under they are using different instruments, but knowing Grassbank they will be in keeping.They are billing their cars as the Grassbank Trilogy, turns out the guy I was talking to is an engineer who had a company that resin impregnates porous castings for the engineering / motor trade, I was a metallurgist in the foundry trade before I retired and probably used them. they seem a very helpfull and willing to share their knowledge freely. Apparently the new instrumants will be compatable with the existing BMW electronics