Madabout Kitcars Forum

Madabout Kitcars Forum (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/index.php)
-   Dino 246 Builds and Discussion (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Dino 246 windscreen (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2106)

mac 15th April 2009 12:38

Dino 246 windscreen

Hi Everybody,

Can anyone out there help. I need a new windscreen for a JH Classics Dino 246 replica. Does anyone know if the windscreen is the same as that fitted to the real 246 Dino, or were they a specialy made up item. Looking at pictures they do look the same however they are to expensive just to guess that they are the same item. Also,does anyone know the best place to source one from. Any help would be very welcome.

Regards Mac.

simmos 16th April 2009 20:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac (Post 14987)
Hi Everybody,

Can anyone out there help. I need a new windscreen for a JH Classics Dino 246 replica. Does anyone know if the windscreen is the same as that fitted to the real 246 Dino, or were they a specialy made up item. Looking at pictures they do look the same however they are to expensive just to guess that they are the same item. Also,does anyone know the best place to source one from. Any help would be very welcome.

Regards Mac.

Hello,
Yes the front screen is original Ferrari Dino, expect to pay £600+, try ferrarichat.com to find the best scource.

mac 17th April 2009 11:20

Dino windscreen

Hi Simmos,

Thanks very much for that. I will let you know how I get on.

Mac

mac 1st May 2009 10:34

Dino Windscreen

In case anyone needs to know, Eurospares in Essex (01787 477169) keep the windscreen in stock at £550 if you collect. Extra £155 for purpose built box and delivery. They also stock other parts for the Dino.

Regards Mac.

classicreplicasuk 20th June 2009 21:55

Windscreen

We can provide a windscreen for your 246. We have them specially built to original specifications and we keep them in stock. Please give us a call on 01278 433782 - Gordon- Classic Replicas UK.

MikeW 22nd June 2009 17:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac (Post 14987)
Hi Everybody,

Regards Mac.

I guess you must be sorted by now but YES the windscreen is a genuine Dino part. I had to replace mine through Autoglass. The one they produced has a tinted strip at the top (not a problem or very evident when you look at the car). They said not to break it again as they did not have any more, I'm sorry to say!