Madabout Kitcars Forum

Madabout Kitcars Forum (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marlin Sportster, Cabrio, Berlinetta and Roadster builds (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   2010 Marlin Newsletter (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2487)

peterux 8th February 2010 21:57

2010 Marlin Newsletter

I got emailed a Marlin Newsletter today.

They are planning to build a new Sportster Demonstrator this year with promises of build updates on their website.

I wonder what engine Mark will choose this time?
BMW V8?? :madgrin:

...peter

timbo 8th February 2010 21:59

bet its not an M52 :)

Mike 9th February 2010 09:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by timbo (Post 18011)
bet its not an M52 :)

:pound:
Thanks for the chuckle

I think their letter is a lot more revealing about where Marlin is going as a company. 2 lines on the Sportster, and 2 pages on the 5EXI and racing.
Mike

peterux 9th February 2010 19:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike (Post 18012)
I think their letter is a lot more revealing about where Marlin is going as a company. 2 lines on the Sportster, and 2 pages on the 5EXI and racing.
Mike

Actually, it's been like that since I collected my Sportster in (er...) 2004. I was quite surprised and pleased to see that they are going to build a new Sportster demonstrator which is bound to generate some new interest and builders.

...peter

P.S. If they do pick an M52, Tim can help out with the wiring! :wink:

alackofspeed 9th February 2010 20:48

As for the mention of Ken's 5EXI - the suspension sure isn't standard.

Mike 10th February 2010 10:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by peterux (Post 18010)
I got emailed a Marlin Newsletter today.

They are planning to build a new Sportster Demonstrator this year with promises of build updates on their website.

I wonder what engine Mark will choose this time?
BMW V8?? :madgrin:

...peter

When I visited they were half way through the build of a .......................... diesel version, BMW of course!

GreatOldOne 10th February 2010 12:10

was that the 330D car? I heard mention of it some time ago...

Mike 10th February 2010 12:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatOldOne (Post 18033)

I guess so.......... the engine had been shoe-horned into the engine bay (nearly). I think they were building it in conjunction with an existing Sportster owner who had expressed an interest in a diesel verion - Anrew Curtis - he is a member of the MOC, and has an M50 Sportster (purple) which was on Marlin's own stand (Stoneleigh?) a couple of years ago, with all its road dirt still on the bodywork.
I think the project was placed on the back burner due to the move of their factory (like a lot of other things..............!!)
Mike

limpabit 10th February 2010 12:28

Going by the last sentence on the newsletter, business must be doing well. Too well.

I know what your saying about a lot about the 5exi in it. Does this newsletter though go out to potential customers? Because if it is, they are promoting the VW engine with out it seems a demonstrator.

Maybe some of you sportster owners need to give them some news to put in there next newsletter. Maybe a supercharged version or something.

I for one would love to see a sportster build diary. But, like the posts in this forum, with all the problems.

Mike 10th February 2010 12:36

Quote:

I for one would love to see a sportster build diary. But, like the posts in this forum, with all the problems.
C'mon, you know Terry..................................... that's not her style.

peterux 10th February 2010 21:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatOldOne (Post 18033)

I think it was unfinished lurking under a dust sheet when I collected my 'body parts' in March 2007. But there was no sign of it when I collected my windscreen in October 2008 which was after they moved in to the new 'barn'.

It either got finished, was sold or it was hiding under the hay bails? :lol: