Madabout Kitcars Forum

Madabout Kitcars Forum (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marlin 5exi builds (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Wiper wiring (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1288)

alackofspeed 19th August 2007 13:44

Wiper wiring

Hi,
Does anyone have a wiring diagram (Rover RAVE one perhaps) for the front wiper motor? There are 5 wires, and to be perfectly honest I'm not sure where they go!

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

John.

limpabit 19th August 2007 16:17

Hi John.

I wired in an intermittent function for the wipers as well? Do you want that as well?

If not, these are the colour codes.

Switch
EXI Loom
Green to Green/slate on switch. Might have 2 on the switch. Joint them together to the green.
Brown/green to green/purple on switch. To motor.
red/green to red/ light green on switch. To Motor.
blue/green to blue light/green on switch. To Motor.
light green to light green/black on switch. To pump.

Motor
5EXI loom
Green
Brown/green
blue/green
Red/green
Black

Pump
light/green
Black.

Let me know how you get on.

Ric H 20th August 2007 00:00

Here's an extract from the wiring schematic I did for building my loom. Note - mine has an intermittent function as well, the circuitry of which is not shown in detail here.
It took me ages to fathom the autopark out, as it turned out eventually the rotary switch in the motor was broken! I fixed it with a new copper wiper contact in the gearbox, but what a pain! Don't know if this is wired quite as standard but it works fine. Wiring colours are my own and may or may not be the same as yours!

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/ric.hope/wiper.jpg

BIG_Fella 20th August 2007 08:39

We broke mine up not shore how :eusa_eh: (found a noval way of getting 24v :twitch: )
We now have a VW motor fitted so my wiring diagram no good for you

alackofspeed 20th August 2007 17:27

Thanks for the help chaps. Having wired my motor up, as I understood to be correct, I'm fast concluding I also have a motor with a broken auto-park.

Rich - fair play if you're drawing your complete wiring diagram in CAD. I started, but fast concluded I'd never finish the car if I took that route, so sacked it off! It'll no doubt haunt me when I later have a wiring glitch! Ho hum.

John.

Ric H 20th August 2007 21:05

Yeah, I was building the loom from scratch so I did the drawings in order to do the design. It will be VERY useful in future too - and if I wanted to sell it! i found the process very satisfying on winter evenings when my carport was not very inviting :)

alackofspeed 20th August 2007 22:08

I've built my loom from scratch - the wiring diagram is in my head at the moment, but I'm sure it'll fade with time.

Ah - even in the midst of winter I was in the garage attacking something (I guess it's a little milder down here, which can only help), so couldn't bring myself to sit at the computer in the evening, after 8hrs nailed to my work desk!

alackofspeed 27th August 2007 14:52

Cheers all.

Knowing the logic of the switch (thanks Rich), I discovered my rover wiper motor was goosed. So off I went to my mate's house and pilfered a wiper motor from a Mk2 Golf (which is a straight fit - cheers Jerry), and got a VW "99" relay from another friend.

I've now got variable speed intermittent, and a timed wiper when I flick the washers. All in all, a but of a result.

Now just the easiest circuit on the whole car remains - the brake fluid / handbrake test wire.

Getting closer by the day - SPLENDID! :)

limpabit 27th August 2007 18:50

Nearly there John. Car looks great in the video by the way!.:thumb:

alackofspeed 27th August 2007 21:21

Cheers John.

The funny thing is that I said "easiest circuit on the car", then I discovered the brake failure LED on the honda dash, is controlled by the Civic's multiplexor..... and it isn't a case of supply a +ve or -ve signal to the instruments.....

It's time to hack the intruments and isolate the LED.... darn!

Cheers,

John.