Madabout Kitcars Forum

Madabout Kitcars Forum (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/index.php)
-   Show us your Kit Cars (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   BMW 328 Custombuild replica (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4041)

Wouterbz 15th January 2013 21:59

BMW 328 Custombuild replica

2 Attachment(s)
These are pictures from a project from my brother, Ivo Steentjes. You can see a polyester BMW 328 body as a mock-up for size fitting. There is yet not decided if the final carbody will be made out of metal or polyester, but the chasis is from a Reliant Scimitar. Engine, gearbox, suspension and brake-system as other technics, will be borrowed from a modern 5-series.
The end result will be an oversized 328, custom build to fit his new owner.

I'll try 2 keep u posted, but meanwhile don't be shy to contact me if you want further information.

speedsterbassie 15th January 2013 22:12

Ziet er goed uit!!!

Succes!

Wouterbz 16th January 2013 18:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedsterbassie (Post 39030)
Ziet er goed uit!!!

Succes!

Dankjewel, zal het doorgeven :)

BTW Forgot to put the link where u can look at other projects that Ivo took care of : www.stonehill-carbodies.com

speedsterbassie 16th January 2013 18:58

Beste Wouter en Ivo,

In 2004 kocht ik een kit car magazine. Daar stond ook zo'n auto (BMW replica, ook gebaseerd op een Scimitar chassis). Is ie daar op gebaseerd?

vriendelijke groet,

BAs Beerling

Wouterbz 18th January 2013 23:16

4 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by speedsterbassie (Post 39052)
Beste Wouter en Ivo,

In 2004 kocht ik een kit car magazine. Daar stond ook zo'n auto (BMW replica, ook gebaseerd op een Scimitar chassis). Is ie daar op gebaseerd?

vriendelijke groet,

BAs Beerling

Hallo Bas, mijn excuses dat ik de rest in het Engels doe....dan kunnen meer mensen iets aan het antwoord hebben ;)

We don't know that 2004 car that you mentioned and the fact that a Scimitar chassis is used is simple: It is a nice chassis :smile:

I will add some pictures of an polyster body of a normal 328. The mould that is used, is formed by using an orginal 328. Ivo did several BMW projects and worked on many types from the same timeperiod.

The whole idea is to upscale the car by starting to upgrade the polyester body, also by replacing with metalparts. Such as the nosepart, a picture of the wooden form is shown.

BTW, enclosed also a picture that shows that "a nice chassis" doesn't mean that there is now work to do :biggrin:

peterux 19th January 2013 08:05

Nice project!! :madgrin:

I saw a real BMW 328 at the Goodwood festival last year. I was surprised to see how small it was :smile:

Here is a picture for your collection.....

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8031/8...a426737e_z.jpg
Goodwood Revival 2012 by marlinpeter, on Flickr

...peter

speedsterbassie 22nd January 2013 19:31

Good luck!! I keep folowing you!!

Wouterbz 24th January 2013 18:09

Noose Job

1 Attachment(s)
An update to show some work on the front part: forming the alluminium noose part.

Wouterbz 24th January 2013 22:43

Now you know....

Quote:

Originally Posted by peterux (Post 39116)
Nice project!! :madgrin:

I saw a real BMW 328 at the Goodwood festival last year. I was surprised to see how small it was :smile:

Here is a picture for your collection.....

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8031/8...a426737e_z.jpg
Goodwood Revival 2012 by marlinpeter, on Flickr

...peter

Now you know why Ivo is making a larger version :)

Wouterbz 27th January 2013 20:55

Progress Noose Job

2 Attachment(s)
Next stage pictures of forming the front, with in the background an orginal 321.

Wouterbz 4th February 2013 23:01

Chassis & Jaguar donation

3 Attachment(s)
Results of rear section fitting with a Jaguar axel and suspension and a picture of the polyester front versus the enlarged aluminium front.
More details will follow asap......

Wouterbz 4th April 2013 15:00

Update

2 Attachment(s)
Hello everybody,

A post with 2 pictures of the noose fitted in the polyester body. In total the body is 6 cm broader then the original 328.

BTW....the client had decided that the whole body has to be made of alluminium....so Ivo can show his craftmanship and of course we will keep you posted.....

garyh 4th April 2013 18:33

If you could show how you make the parts, that would be very interesting.

Wouterbz 9th April 2013 17:43

Production pictures

Quote:

Originally Posted by garyh (Post 41974)
If you could show how you make the parts, that would be very interesting.

Hello Garyh,

Thanks for your suggestion and we will present pictures of the production. If u look at the pictures with the title "noose", you can see at least one way of forming the noose part, ie the wooden form. The good old hammer is the tool that has been used in this part of the process.

But like I said, later on we will present you more pictures.

froggyman 10th April 2013 12:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wouterbz (Post 42188)
Hello Garyh,

Thanks for your suggestion and we will present pictures of the production. If u look at the pictures with the title "noose", you can see at least one way of forming the noose part, ie the wooden form. The good old hammer is the tool that has been used in this part of the process.

But like I said, later on we will present you more pictures.

Hi, a short video clip on you tube would be good. Thanks.

Wouterbz 24th September 2013 18:55

Progress report

4 Attachment(s)
Hello people,

It took a while due to other priorities, but the alluminium is getting in the right form. More details will follow as soon as possible.

Wouterbz 3rd November 2013 09:48

Extra pictures

5 Attachment(s)
Some oversight pictures......

Wouterbz 26th May 2014 21:19

Progress pictures

3 Attachment(s)
Some pictures of the progrees that Ivo made untill so far.....a body oversight....the moment that we find the time we will select some more pictures.....

JG 2nd June 2014 21:47

Lovely work and craftsmanship, keep it up :thumb:

Bamaavenger 24th September 2014 01:37

Nice build any progress?