Madabout Kitcars Forum

Madabout Kitcars Forum (http://www.madabout-kitcars.com/forum/index.php)
-   Tribute Automotive Builds (http://www.madabout-kitcars.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What would you like Chris to build you? (http://www.madabout-kitcars.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4729)

smash 14th March 2016 11:51

Oooo - be careful with that one. Merc are incredibly litigeous over the 300 gull wing and any attempt to replicate....

DSG4ME 14th March 2016 13:08

A few years ago there was a Japanese company who were making 1950's Mercedes SL style bodykits for the BMW Z3 called the Deusen Bayern Mystar.

http://oi64.tinypic.com/2h6gk6f.jpg

hurnleft 14th March 2016 13:09

That's rather nice.

Ullvik 14th March 2016 14:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by smash (Post 76048)
Oooo - be careful with that one. Merc are incredibly litigeous over the 300 gull wing and any attempt to replicate....

Wouldn't it be a 'Tribute' though, rather than a replication? lol

landmannnn 14th March 2016 14:39

Yes, the court case found in favour of Mercedes where some critical dimensions were identical. Mind you, as with the Bentley case they would still send out aggressive letters to any "tribute" manufacturers.

y cymro 14th March 2016 14:54

I like that 300 too and got in touch after seeing an advert on the Car and Classic website, with a view to Chris supplying his magic. Their distance away put me off a bit, but this seems to be the bigger problem
http://www.topgear.com/car-news/merc...llwing-replica
I'd hate to invest a lot of money then have it snatched and crushed.

Mitchelkitman 14th March 2016 17:13

But if it's a one-off can they legally crush it? I can understand they might stop someone producing them for resale though.
I'm surprised the F@##ari peeps haven't kicked up a fuss about some of the very recent (still in production?) cars being replicated.

y cymro 14th March 2016 17:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mitchelkitman (Post 76068)
But if it's a one-off can they legally crush it? I can understand they might stop someone producing them for resale though.
I'm surprised the F@##ari peeps haven't kicked up a fuss about some of the very recent (still in production?) cars being replicated.

It seems that Mercedes won't tolerate accurate replicas. I have no idea how they'd react to tributes 'in the spirit of' , but we know that B*ntley wasn't tolerant.
Ferrari seemed to care less after Enzo passed away.

redratbike 14th March 2016 17:46

I saw these advertising on car and classics didnt realise they were on ebay......rather than a replica hotrod it
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...49dcae85bf.jpg

Or this version
http://www.motorworldhype.com/2010/0...cana-gullwing/

DSG4ME 14th March 2016 19:03

Quote:

redratbike said: .....rather than a replica hotrod it
I like that idea, you would not get any problems from Mercedes Benz.

There is a chap in Sweden called Bo Zolland who is working on a 300SL re-design that will be built up from a 2105 Corvette C7 donor. Looks interesting

http://www.seriouswheels.com/pics-20...1-1024x768.jpg

zagmad 14th March 2016 19:25

How bout this with the GT grill ;-) he he he.

casamolino 15th March 2016 12:28

If you do decide to collect probably best not to drive back via Germany:eusa_angel: Geoff .

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/mercedes-b...0AAOSwu1VW5bZZ

Roadster 15th March 2016 16:02

Ive always loved customs and rods. Especially old American pick ups.

Heres a new style, no parachute or wheelie bars but I like it .
It might be a lttle too boxy for some :P

https://youtu.be/yeju3pbopMg

Jeffr4 15th March 2016 19:52

http://www.madabout-kitcars.com/foru...ead.php?t=5152

Paydirt 16th March 2016 23:41

WOW! The Cobrarri in red is what I always dreamed the Cobra should actually look like! I'm stupid sick of seeing the current style. If someone was making them Id be sold!

zagmad 25th March 2016 11:37

Well when I said the last one I meant this would be the last one. What would the Alfa Romeo 1750 gt coupe look like with the triumph 2000 Italia roofline. Its that roofline that to me looks spot on no rear seats .

zagmad 25th March 2016 11:38

Hint hint gs4me . :-)

zagmad 27th March 2016 15:02

What would a 1970's mustang roofline look on an Alfa Romeo gt so from the b pillar back. Bit of fun really as if you removed the heart grill it looks quite muscle car like

DaveP 27th March 2016 15:58

Easy to please
 
I have a simple thought on a Chris variation. A Kobra without the bonnet scoop and no chin spoiler - I know I know - think bigger !

Or... If I was thinking bigger I love the shape of the Ford Classic Capri that would be very cool - imagine an open top one !

Dave


http://http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-kJc...assic_main.jpg

Mitchelkitman 27th March 2016 17:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveP (Post 76644)
I have a simple thought on a Chris variation. A Kobra without the bonnet scoop and no chin spoiler - I know I know - think bigger !

Or... If I was thinking bigger I love the shape of the Ford Classic Capri that would be very cool - imagine an open top one !

Dave


http://http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-kJc...assic_main.jpg

There was an open top capri 'replica' kit car (with a strange grille ) made by JBA IIRC?

Mister Towed 27th March 2016 17:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mitchelkitman (Post 76645)
There was an open top capri 'replica' kit car (with a strange grille ) made by JBA IIRC?

JBA Javelin?

http://i1301.photobucket.com/albums/...ps5ybij8ez.jpg

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...

Mind you, it's not much worse than the 'real' thing -

http://www.angliacarauctions.co.uk/e...l-convertible/

Each to their own.

zagmad 27th March 2016 18:49

Maybe if it was pink and a curly tail. The front grill doesn't flow at all looks a bit slap dab. But each to their own.

zagmad 27th March 2016 19:26

Or an allegro convertible. That would be awesome. ;-)

y cymro 27th March 2016 20:06

https://flic.kr/p/3YJ4wU

zagmad 27th March 2016 20:33

Ford Capri preface lift mk1's look good . Bit like the mxico but with a Capri rear. Some seem to have round tailights.

DaveP 27th March 2016 20:44

I meant the great looking ford consul Capri not the standard one.

I cannot seem to post pics via my tablet

An good example is from this link

http://car-from-uk.com/sale.php?id=30468

Can someone please do the honours ?

This car is the first one I got to know as my dad had one . Even recall the registration as 819 TKO

Weird how you csn remember some things isn't it

Dave

Mister Towed 27th March 2016 21:02

Sorry, got a bit distracted by the whole JBA Javelin theme.

Here's the Consul Capri in coupe and convertible form, got to say I prefer the coupe myself -

http://i1301.photobucket.com/albums/...ps6vliaurf.jpg

http://i1301.photobucket.com/albums/...psphsmjsuf.jpg

Mitchelkitman 27th March 2016 21:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mister Towed (Post 76647)
JBA Javelin?

http://i1301.photobucket.com/albums/...ps5ybij8ez.jpg

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...

Mind you, it's not much worse than the 'real' thing -

http://www.angliacarauctions.co.uk/e...l-convertible/

Each to their own.

Remove grille - an infill / bonnet lip in the body colour, followed by some form of horizontal bars in black and/or body color and the whole character of the car would be changed?

froggyman 27th March 2016 21:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by zagmad (Post 76649)
Or an allegro convertible. That would be awesome. ;-)

I think you need to up your medication!!!!!!LOL

zagmad 27th March 2016 21:57

Might be one for dsg. Almost jaguar xj6 mixed with stag

Mister Towed 28th March 2016 08:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mitchelkitman (Post 76667)
Remove grille - an infill / bonnet lip in the body colour, followed by some form of horizontal bars in black and/or body color and the whole character of the car would be changed?

But what about the back?

http://i1301.photobucket.com/albums/...psjtlwfwlk.jpg

Oink. Oink.

zagmad 28th March 2016 08:33

Two tone soft top. Genius. Id go for a bigger rear window to balance the door glass. Quite a big drop off the boot lid. Almost early slk

y cymro 28th March 2016 09:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mister Towed (Post 76647)
JBA Javelin?

http://i1301.photobucket.com/albums/...ps5ybij8ez.jpg

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...

Mind you, it's not much worse than the 'real' thing -

http://www.angliacarauctions.co.uk/e...l-convertible/

Each to their own.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mitchelkitman (Post 76667)
Remove grille - an infill / bonnet lip in the body colour, followed by some form of horizontal bars in black and/or body color and the whole character of the car would be changed?

A grill like this would help

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s...F17E7CDE2.jpeg


Quote:

Originally Posted by Mister Towed (Post 76675)
But what about the back?

http://i1301.photobucket.com/albums/...psjtlwfwlk.jpg

Oink. Oink.

And perhaps Tribute could make a sloping back to make it look faster. They could call it a fastback

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s...376536455.jpeg

There. Much better

DSG4ME 28th March 2016 09:23

Quote:

zagmad said: Well when I said the last one I meant this would be the last one. What would the Alfa Romeo 1750 gt coupe look like with the triumph 2000 Italia roofline. Its that roofline that to me looks spot on no rear seats .
http://oi67.tinypic.com/ifpk78.jpg

And why not something inspired by this.....

http://oi67.tinypic.com/33vp20k.jpg

This is a 1963 Ferrari 250 GT Lusso with a roofline which you might like.

By the way, the car in the picture is a replica, using a Volvo P1800 as a donor. This was the car used for the movie "Tower Heist", were Adam Stiller and Eddie Murphy steal it from a penthouse. (interesting movie).

Mister Towed 28th March 2016 09:30

Turn the rather ugly American Town car inspired convertible into a far prettier coupe? Absolute genius! It would look really rather good and be worth three to five times more with the right spec.

http://www.angliacarauctions.co.uk/e...l-convertible/

http://www.angliacarauctions.co.uk/e...-28-injection/

http://www.angliacarauctions.co.uk/e...0e-broadspeed/

Oh, and for those who asked 'why bother when old escorts are so cheap anyway?' over on the MXico thread, here's the answer -

http://www.angliacarauctions.co.uk/e...ort-1100-base/

zagmad 28th March 2016 09:33

Perfecto. (Alfa pic) dsg. That's what was in my head all along.

zagmad 28th March 2016 10:15

Want that one. Just like that . Can I have one of them please Chris. But in pure grey and rota flashback alloy wheels. :-)

zagmad 28th March 2016 10:17

Would you be able to overlay that onto an mx5 pic to see how it lines up please. Allowing for the aerial and fuel cap..:-)

y cymro 28th March 2016 10:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mister Towed (Post 76683)
Turn the rather ugly American Town car inspired convertible into a far prettier coupe? Absolute genius! It would look really rather good and be worth three to five times more with the right spec.

What about a Tribute forum group buy of all the convertible Capris so we can refit rooves and make our fortunes!

Zagmad can be in charge of sourcing the rooves to satisfy his obsession.

zagmad 28th March 2016 12:46

Ha ha ha . Found the roofline I like its the one above off the Italia. But yeah I could sort the roofs if anyone wants a one off roof. As the mx5 has a shorter wheel bad and slanted screen it requires a certain roof. I spose a sporting break/brake would cover all bases. Could be a sporty estate or hatch back.


All times are GMT +0. The time now is 14:29.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright Madabout Kitcars 2014