Madabout Kitcars Forum

Madabout Kitcars Forum (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/index.php)
-   Dino 246 Builds and Discussion (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Just pics - but keeps the saliva flowing (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6281)

Aus Simmo 7th May 2017 22:09

Ross, if I had 1/10th of the talent of you and others on here I might just do that. I'm handy with spanners and sockets but have no fabrication skills whatsoever.

I'll keep dreaming for now and see what happens. Thanks for the comparison pics - interesting to see the "family tree".

thecarbuilder246 7th May 2017 22:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by rossnzwpi (Post 87837)
Simmo,
I think CASCU (on this forum) makes his body from a genuine 246 while virtually every other manufacturer used the mould in one form or another taken from a 206 which had its rear wheel arch shifted to fit a Lotus Europa wheelbase. CASCU's body looks very straight. He doesn't make a kit though - only replica 246 chassis which require 246/308/Mondial suspension. Maybe you could use a CASCU body and make your own chassis? Or adapt a DeHavilland chassis to a CASCU body?
cheers
Ross

You use to be able to,but he was messed about by someone who ordered a 246 shell then went and got one from dehavilland!! He will now only supply full body /chassis units.
ian

nostraloom 30th September 2018 00:59

Body work

5 Attachment(s)
It seems pretty quiet, so I thought I would post some pictures. The nose of the car has been cut off and glassed on higher up to compensate for the droop that Deon/Classic Replicas always seem to have. I have been body working all summer, trying to get the bodyline down the side and wheel arch lines sharp. The car is now almost ready for paint. I would love to see pictures of some of your cars and what you've been doing. Cheers/ JonAttachment 5537

Attachment 5538

Attachment 5539

Attachment 5540

Attachment 5541

nostraloom 30th September 2018 01:03

Body Work

3 Attachment(s)
Attachment 5542

Attachment 5543

Attachment 5544More pictures.

Barber 30th September 2018 08:16

Nice

thecarbuilder246 2nd October 2018 12:38

droop

Hi

Looks good. How much did you cut of? and do you have any photo's of the work? Have you left the rear of the car alone? as the deon is much lower at the back as well. keep us posted

ian

rossnzwpi 4th October 2018 00:27

Nice work on those arches Ian - looking crisp and metallic rather than soft curve fibreglass.

Axel 4th October 2018 05:17

The front and the rear from the Deon always drop because it is moulded from the early Dino 206 GT which had this shape, with the 246 GT Pininfarina has corrected this...

nostraloom 4th October 2018 19:21

nose and tail droop

2 Attachment(s)
Attachment 5552

Attachment 5553The rear is left alone. For some reason, the back of my car doesn't droop as much as some other cars I have seen. As for the front, There is an illustration for what I did, on the first page of this thread. The only pictures I have of this, are photos with a large glassed area on the top of the front wings.

Axel 5th October 2018 05:16

Sorry, I should read the whole thread before saying something you already know... :dizzy:

thecarbuilder246 5th October 2018 10:23

droop

Hi all

Going back over this post I was looking at the photo's of side on dino's. The first JHClassic car (the blue one) looks almost correct at the front to a 206 from which it was ( allegedly ) moulded from.I know the original 206 was lower at the front and back than the later 246. Also I know the rear wheel arch was move to accommodate the lotus chassis. This also seems to have carried over into the replica dino body shells.
But then later bodies seem to have drooped more at the front. If you look carefully at the photo's of the more serious droop you'll notice it has also affected the shape of the wheel arch in no longer being round more of an ellipse shape.And the body swage line instead of being almost level points down towards the ground resulting in the bumpers looking wrong.
I seem to have been lucky with my shell has the nose is only about 8mm lower than it should be,but it still required about 8mm adding in length to the bonnet!!