Madabout Kitcars Forum

Madabout Kitcars Forum (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/index.php)
-   Phantom GTR/Vortex Builds (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   pipe routes (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3162)

grahamhughes 15th November 2011 17:23

pipe routes

Hi all
i am in the early stages of my vortex build. I need some advise regarding the various pipe runs. Can anyone advise how and where to route the following:- heater pipes, aircon pipes. brakelines,brake vacumn pipe and battery cable. Can i for example run the heater and aircon pipes down the centre of the chassis therefore they would be under the centre consol. I was thinking of running some electrical cable tray down the centre and fixing the pipes to the tray
Regards Graham(Preston lancs)

kenmorton 15th November 2011 21:41

Hi Graham,
I routed all of my pipes and cables down the outside of the chassis. The underside of one of the top chassis rails is drilled to take push in brake line clips. If you go down the centre you would probably have to have the fuel tank in place as there is a pipe connecting the two sides of the tank at the bottom. On the Rover engined cars the gear linkage might get in the way as well but with the Ford cars I being a cable linkage this is probably not an issue.

kenmorton 15th November 2011 21:49

Hi Graham,
I routed all of my pipes and cables down the outside of the chassis. The underside of one of the top chassis rails is drilled to take push in brake line clips. If you go down the centre you would probably have to have the fuel tank in place as there is a pipe connecting the two sides of the tank at the bottom. On the Rover engined cars the gear linkage might get in the way as well but with the Ford cars I being a cable linkage this is probably not an issue.

grahamhughes 16th November 2011 10:06

pipes

Hi Ken
I have been told by Chris at vortex that if i run anything down the outside they must not protude past the outer edge of the top chassis rail as they would interfere with the body fit. He says that i must route everthing on the inside as near to the bottom rail as possible. As i understand everything has to be clipped 200mm apart to pass IVA but i cannot achieve this because of the lack of metal to fix to. I think i will run some electrical cable tray down the inside and attach the heater and aircon pipes to this
Regards Graham

EddyP 8th December 2011 17:10

Hi Graham,
Have a look here
http://www.edpreston.co.uk/Phantom_A...is_Work.html#8

Not the best pics, I can try to put some more up for you, i've got plenty that will show the area you need, also have a drawing which shows the layout.
Has Chris given you a copy of the build manual and the drawings pack?

I think it's only the brake pipes that need to be clipped every 200mm for IVA, not sure they're fussed about air con, heater etc....
I think the cable tray might be a bit OTT, it will also make it tricky to maintain afterwards, as the gap between the body and chassis isn't too big.
So long as nothing is sticking outside the top rail you will have no problems, there is a fair bit of space in the sills.

I've got:
Passenger side - wiring loom, two heater pipes, two vacuum pipes, battery cable, brake pipe.
Driver side - air con pipes, two large power cables for other things in the car.
Centre - Accelerator cable, gear change cables, brake pipe.

Hope this helps, feel free to email me if you need any help or other info.

grahamhughes 13th December 2011 08:38

photos

Hi Ed
Thanks for the photos, great help, didnt know you had a website
Regards Graham

EddyP 13th December 2011 21:39

If you need any others let me know.

grahamhughes 22nd May 2012 16:11

Robert when i click here it sends me to lionleaf website. wots that all about

JG 22nd May 2012 18:01

Ignore it, just another ignorant spammer. Post and user deleted.

John