Madabout Kitcars Forum

Madabout Kitcars Forum (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/index.php)
-   Tribute Automotive Builds (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Newbee from Denmark in love with A352 (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5994)

Thogaa 22nd June 2016 07:16

Newbee from Denmark in love with A352

Hi guys. - I want one - a 73 spit donor has been purchased. Can you guys point me in the right direction for a complete build abroad or how to buy the parts I need.

The skills and cost of labour in my country suggest that it's a better solution to have one build abroad and pay my way out of it.

What's the best way of getting just that done?

I see that Patrice in France did a few - Maybe for customers?

Any help appriciated

Cheers

Thomas

lancelot link 22nd June 2016 07:35

I think Tribute would build one for you if you ask ...

Mick O'Malley 22nd June 2016 07:36

A352 Build

Hi Thomas

Good choice - 60th anniversary and all that.

I think your first port of call should be Chris at Tribute, if anybody can advise you, he can!

Regards, Mick

Thogaa 22nd June 2016 08:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick O'Malley (Post 80432)
Hi Thomas

Good choice - 60th anniversary and all that.

I think your first port of call should be Chris at Tribute, if anybody can advise you, he can!

Regards, Mick

I'll try ring him then - I like the idea of driving the Spitfire to England and returning it as a Tribute Jag. The car is freshly MOT'ed over here and it should last eight years before it's supposed to be a Triumph again. Some badging and explaining should do the trick.

Do any of you know if a 6 cyl conversion would fit under the A352 bonnet?

Mick O'Malley 22nd June 2016 08:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thogaa
Do any of you know if a 6 cyl conversion would fit under the A352 bonnet?

Mine has a two litre Vitesse engine. It fits easily :)

Regards, Mick

Thogaa 22nd June 2016 10:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick O'Malley (Post 80435)
Mine has a two litre Vitesse engine. It fits easily :)

Regards, Mick

Copy - was it a heap of headaches to build? It seems to me that a lot of development has gone into the kit

lancelot link 22nd June 2016 10:16

It's a nice little kit ..not without its challenges , like most kits , but they are beter sorted than some and make a very pretty car at the end of it .
I think using a 6cyl. triumph engine is really your only option. It will keep registration simple and be a lot less work than trying to fit an alternative engine in there ..

Thogaa 22nd June 2016 10:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancelot link (Post 80438)
It's a nice little kit ..not without its challenges , like most kits , but they are beter sorted than some and make a very pretty car at the end of it .
I think using a 6cyl. triumph engine is really your only option. It will keep registration simple and be a lot less work than trying to fit an alternative engine in there ..

That makes perfect sense - and when the engine says Triumph on the cover, the mot guy is happy. Must keep in mind that the mot guy is now about 12 years old riding a hoverboard and is yet to find out about the very rare Triumph Spitfire Lemans 6 cylinder Jaguar developed glass fibre race car's existance :icon_biggrin:

Mick O'Malley 22nd June 2016 10:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thogaa
was it a heap of headaches to build?

Hi Thomas

That rather depends on how you wish the finished product to appear. Patrice (Patoune on this board) knocks one out in a weekend, it seems. Basic dash; basic donor; kit as supplied - job done! They look very good too!

However, if you read Scotties thread (or my hijacked bits of it), you'll see that the sky's the limit as far as customisation is concerned. Scottie went for a lowered XKSS look, which he's achieved in spades. I decided to go for a D-Type evocation, even down to converting it to a flip front. Both these approaches have involved endless hours of blood, toil, tears and sweat. It simply depends on exactly what you're after.

Regards, Mick

lancelot link 22nd June 2016 10:43

I'm just fitting a flip front section to a D type at the moment Mick ...so feel your pain !

Thogaa 22nd June 2016 11:04

I'm into the look of the first showcar (grey primer) with no tail but maybe a driver's side hump and knock off steel wheels. Basic interior and dashboard like a race car in alloy plate.

Patrice take my money please

Tribute Automotive 24th June 2016 21:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thogaa (Post 80429)
Hi guys. - I want one - a 73 spit donor has been purchased. Can you guys point me in the right direction for a complete build abroad or how to buy the parts I need.

The skills and cost of labour in my country suggest that it's a better solution to have one build abroad and pay my way out of it.

What's the best way of getting just that done?

I see that Patrice in France did a few - Maybe for customers?

Any help appriciated

Cheers

Thomas

Hi Thomas

Glad to hear that you like the A352 so much, please give me a call on 07901 544241 (leave a message if you don't get an answer, noisy workshop) or email me on info@tributeautomotive.co.uk

Thogaa 24th June 2016 21:55

Oh joy - email sent ;-)