Madabout Kitcars Forum

Madabout Kitcars Forum (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/index.php)
-   Formosa Builds, Ideas and Discussion (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   New build Scimitar Based Formosa (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7365)

Lucky@LeMans 12th June 2021 13:34

2 Attachment(s)
Plush full leather seats were sourced from a Volvo. Really comfortable and supportive, they needed a little repurposing to fit, but it's a fairly simple process.

molleur 12th June 2021 14:07

They look good in there.

Lucky@LeMans 19th June 2021 07:29

My build is coming to an end, the car has turned out really well. Just a couple of finishing touches now and I can say it's finished ! I've decided I'll put it on the market in the next couple of weeks, I've got a couple of ideas for new projects, a bit different from the norm ! Good time to advertise now being the summer and lockdown free ! I'll get some more photo's up soon.

Lucky@LeMans 21st June 2021 20:40

2 Attachment(s)
A couple more photo's here, still a few more jobs to do but looking good now !

molleur 21st June 2021 22:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucky@LeMans (Post 106541)
A couple more photo's here, still a few more jobs to do but looking good now !

Well done, I like it!

DaveP 22nd June 2021 21:31

That is flipping gorge...

My compliments

Dave

Kuba 23rd June 2021 20:10

What a beauty!
Very well done. Loving a black grill and dash
Regards Kuba

Lucky@LeMans 23rd June 2021 21:56

I'll try and get some good photo's outside in the sun during the next few days.
All legal and ready for the road now. Went to the post office today and sorted out the road tax. Pretty easy, they didn't want any money as they said its a historic vehicle and over 40 years old so no mot required either ! I will take it to the local mot centre in the next week or two for a once over and peace of mind.

Paul L 24th June 2021 12:19

Lucky@LeMans – Apologies for not posting on this thread before now.

But, yet another great build from you, the car looks great. :cool:

http://www.madabout-kitcars.com/foru...7&d=1624307993

Can I ask you a couple of questions about your last post…

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucky@LeMans (Post 106550)
… Went to the post office today and sorted out the road tax. Pretty easy, they didn't want any money as they said it’s a historic vehicle and over 40 years old so no mot required either! ...

Was the car previously on SORN?

If so, did you have to take if off SORN before ‘taxing’ it?

Cheers, Paul. :)

Lucky@LeMans 24th June 2021 15:30

The donor was SORN, then the V5 went to DVLA to be updated with the Formosa details.
The post office went on their computer system, entered the details and it was taxed. They sent V5 back to DVLA again to be updated as a " historic vehicle".
SORN ends when you tax the car.

Paul L 24th June 2021 15:50

Thanks for the explanation.

I put my Swordfish on SORN before the MOT expired as my work has been bonkers since Covid hit.

Since then, my car has celebrated its 40th birthday, so I think a trip to the Post Office is in order.

Cheers, Paul. :)

PS
Looking forward to seeing the car outside.

lancelot link 27th June 2021 07:28

Looks very nice Paul ... well done . I too will look forward to seeing your ‘official’ photos ...

Lucky@LeMans 27th June 2021 09:12

Waiting on a couple of parts at the moment ! The Otter switch in the radiator decided to start leaking and popped out, lol. Apparently a common problem on older Scimitars as the seal becomes hard and there isn't anything to stop it coming out.
My photographic skills aren't the best but it will look better in the sun rather than my cramped garage !
There are a few shows coming up in my area, I've booked to go to the Classic Nostalgia event at Shelsley Walsh on Sunday 18th July. Looking forward to getting out and about in the car, seems to have been a long time coming !

Mick O'Malley 28th June 2021 14:50

Ditto

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucky@LeMans (Post 106558)
I've booked to go to the Classic Nostalgia event at Shelsley Walsh on Sunday 18th July.

Me too, and it certainly does seem an age! Can't wait for the early morning blat up the A38 in the Monaco. Fingers crossed for good weather!

Regards, Mick

Lucky@LeMans 1st July 2021 22:29

The new Otter switch, seal and clip are now in place and leak free ! The fuel and temp gauges are now working correctly after checking and refitting the wires on the back of each, lol ! My new wood rimmed steering wheel is now fitted, really finishes off the interior. Very happy with the final look, fit and finish !

Lucky@LeMans 11th July 2021 16:40

4 Attachment(s)
Here are a couple of photos from today. I've booked the car in for a full mop and polish at the local body shop ahead of next weekends big event at Shelsley Walsh, I'm going on the Sunday !

molleur 11th July 2021 18:40

very well done!

kon 12th July 2021 10:00

that looks ace, well done :)

Lucky@LeMans 12th July 2021 10:24

The car is up for sale.

If anyone is interested please send a pm.

Hiwex 12th July 2021 15:27

Tax exempt

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucky@LeMans (Post 106552)
The donor was SORN, then the V5 went to DVLA to be updated with the Formosa details.
The post office went on their computer system, entered the details and it was taxed. They sent V5 back to DVLA again to be updated as a " historic vehicle".
SORN ends when you tax the car.

That’s interesting, I’d have thought registering a rebody would invalidate tax exemption? Mines a 63 Vitesse based build that’ll come together over this winter, it’s on SORN and still registered as a Triumph.