Madabout Kitcars Forum

Madabout Kitcars Forum (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/index.php)
-   Italian Replica builds and chat (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Countach part deux (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5010)

ArtWorkZ 7th July 2014 21:57

Countach part deux

1 Attachment(s)
Hi everyone I have taken over Dave Cymu's Masterco Countach and just to intro what's next and what I have done before I'm the guy who built the white Prova/ mirage one on YouTube under Countach Shakedown run - urbanfox77 Chanel. On this one I have already picked it up washed it Moted it and about to fix the clutch issue by putting a proper Renault clutch slave cyl on it instead of dare I say the Morris marina one that is on at the moment. Then it's at off to my company ArtWorkZ for a body and paint refurb and fine detailing plus a down draught weber conversion!
Hopefully ready for Donni !

ArtWorkZ 7th July 2014 22:04

Countach

1 Attachment(s)
At the Mot Passed 1st go !

ArtWorkZ 7th July 2014 22:11

Countach

1 Attachment(s)
now ready to get the paint to a proper level of quality that this car deserves and remove the rear wing ( keep plugged holes poss so depends how I feel?) I did this before but my last white Countach didn't have the nice round tube space frame chassis, the curved glass or the correct roof as this one has and being as I haven't seen one as close to the real thing this ones gonna be so close!

ArtWorkZ 7th July 2014 22:42

Countach

1 Attachment(s)
My previous Countach build site www.lambobuild.webeden.co.uk bear with it lots of pics and videos ! ( yes they are genuine anniversary seats!)

davecymru 8th July 2014 06:20

Yeah, good to see you decided to post about it on here :D

Did it need much for the MOT in the end? I ask this wanting to know, but at the same time dreading to hear in case I mucked anything up :)

ArtWorkZ 8th July 2014 07:37

Countach

Hi Dave, no it was ok just a few tweeks to handbrake balance and headlight levels fixed side window (temp) now to take it to the next level clutch, shut lines, paint, carbs, 4 wheel align, move front wheels inboard slightly, wing removable just my OCD fixes now lol

Ps who did you use for insurance ?

davecymru 8th July 2014 09:02

I ended up with "Highway Insurance", who are part of the LV group.

ArtWorkZ 17th July 2014 22:44

Countach

1 Attachment(s)
Latest on the Masterco Countach just love this replica I mean just look at the roofline compared to the other replica Countach ones and the space frame chassis this is a rare beast indeed!
I have just upgraded the clutch slave cylinder and fabricated a new mount bracket so now it's level just awaiting a new banjo bolt ;(
I have put the suspension back to it's low setting so now also much better, now to take the rear wing off (controversy ) ;)
Then clean up the panel shut lines take the unevenness out of the roof panel, move the side indicators (post SVA!) decrease the width of the front indicator surrounds and add paint and panel joins in black oh and move the front wheels in board a touch ! Plus a few other OCD bits ;)

ArtWorkZ 29th July 2014 19:31

Countach latest pictures

1 Attachment(s)
Countach latest pics lovely !

ArtWorkZ 29th July 2014 19:35

Countach latest pics

1 Attachment(s)
Countach latest pics

AcC8braman 30th July 2014 05:21

Hi,

Whats new?

ArtWorkZ 30th July 2014 06:43

Hi just getting the Countach up to road useable and tidied up changed clutch slave to Renault and made new brackets trying to get it ready for Doningtonkitcarshow all Mot'd now etc not sure I'm gonna get paint to the std I want before don show thou how's yours ?

Terry

AcC8braman 30th July 2014 06:53

Good stuff :)

I think I may have resolved an issue with my clutch / bell housing / gearbox.

Got a renault 21 T box I need to fit ( need to find a r25v6 box aswell so I can use the 5 th)

Getting a good whiff of petrol in the car so must have a leak somewhere so need to have a good look in the engine bay.

Will be going to Donington as well. There will be an Italian Replica Club display so get your car on it, or get in touch with Iain Stent and you can display your car on the Supercar stand inside as they are still after a Countach to go in there.
Cheers

Steve

ArtWorkZ 30th July 2014 08:43

I did message them but haven't got back to me yet but as I live in Notts I'm not too far away so may just turn up but would like to see your Countach you also look like you've been very biz did you see my original white Prova/ mirage that one was from scratch never again lol

Terry

ArtWorkZ 30th July 2014 17:56

What was the gearbox clutch issue? Dave suffered with this one a bit as I think you mentioned the angle was all wrong

AcC8braman 30th July 2014 19:19

The pivot arm bolt comes through the bell housing and then the is a big nut on it stop secure it. This keeps coming undone so need to think of away to stop it.

I have a leccy man coming over tomorrow to ort a bad earth, my fogs don't work and fit a 12v horn.

He's going to get my lamps to rise and flash when I want to flash someone too :)

AcC8braman 30th July 2014 19:23

You can just see the nut below the arm coming out of the bell house here:

http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/.../Lambo/013.jpg

ArtWorkZ 30th July 2014 19:51

Wow neat set up though can u not just use some threadlock on the nut just to maintain it's position?

AcC8braman 30th July 2014 20:09

:) good question, didn't think of that simple solution, I will try.

I was looking at tapping the nut etc but thread lock may do it:)

AcC8braman 30th July 2014 20:11

This pic was Pre paint, this is now

http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/...pse64ccca0.jpg

ArtWorkZ 30th July 2014 20:21

Yeap that's seriously cool ;)

ArtWorkZ 30th July 2014 20:40

1 Attachment(s)
I've been a bit delayed on my Countach as I was half way through restoring an Aston Martin DB7 to an absolute impeccable std and also building a Celica conv with a genuine Aston DBS volante body

ArtWorkZ 30th July 2014 20:46

Biz time too many projects

1 Attachment(s)
Seriously so much to do prob is I like everything perfect

AcC8braman 31st July 2014 05:09

Wow, looking forward to seeing both cars :)

ArtWorkZ 31st July 2014 16:20

1 Attachment(s)
Yeah ... I'm looking forward to getting all 3 finished ;)

ArtWorkZ 31st July 2014 16:25

Countach bits to do

1 Attachment(s)
At least the Countach is just my finicky bits like panel gaps and final paint finish glad all SVA and Mot done and dusted

ArtWorkZ 31st July 2014 16:31

Even more work to do mucho poundo !

1 Attachment(s)
Including the DB7 which was supposed to be a quick fix but as I said that never happens with my cars somehow and that has been stripped right down to near kit form and custom sills and rear splitter developed special paint on chassis, body and wheels ;) many many ££££ !

~dan~ 6th August 2014 16:43

Hope to see you and the car at donny.

ArtWorkZ 6th August 2014 18:01

Yeah hope so Dan

1 Attachment(s)
Just gotta whip off the gearbox whip out the clutch skim and lighten the flywheel and sort out the final bit of the new clutch slave bracket I made hopefully all will be straight forward one thing that troubles me is the current slight vibration that Dave was experiencing so want to cure all that and need to really crack it all this weekend if it doesn't throw it down with rain again! Good news is my Aston is done so this and the Celica DBS can now have some attention

ArtWorkZ 6th August 2014 18:16

This is the benchmark

1 Attachment(s)
You can prob see the std that I work to and the mods that went into this .. Well same now needs to go into the Countach so don't think it's gonna be mint like the Aston for Donny but it looks the most original

~dan~ 6th August 2014 19:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArtWorkZ (Post 58082)
At least the Countach is just my finicky bits like panel gaps and final paint finish glad all SVA and Mot done and dusted

Are you going to black tiger seal /silicon the wheel arches to pick them out or leave them?

ArtWorkZ 6th August 2014 21:37

Prob gonna seperate the arches and front bumper and do it properly also rear wing coming off ! Then get some proper rubber seals

~dan~ 31st August 2014 19:32

Nice to meet you today, look forward to seeing your countach with us at stoneleigh next year.

ArtWorkZ 2nd September 2014 06:40

Hi Dan

Yeah hopefully will get the Countach to the condition that I need hope you enjoyed the weekend some nice stuff now esp Countach ! Check out my Facebook site ArtWorkZ Ltd where I upload the builds of my cars

ArtWorkZ 27th October 2014 12:34

Found out what was wrong with clutch ! The input shaft doesn't reach the flywheel so whipping and since broke the input shaft sleeve and release bearing and since read same prob with some GT40 reps on their site blogs so need input shaft sleeve and a top hat bush any one got these or can make the bush ?

~dan~ 1st November 2014 17:31

Think I've got a titanium bush spare that the input shaft goes into in the flywheel, if that's what you mean. I'll try to dig it out.

ArtWorkZ 2nd November 2014 10:10

Wow Dan that sounds ideal thanks let me know

07463 270638

ArtWorkZ 2nd November 2014 10:12

That's why I dare not risk Donny !

ArtWorkZ 2nd November 2014 10:18

It looks like I also need the renault gearbox input shaft sleeve it's cracked due to the shaft whipping and also trashed the renault release bearing

ArtWorkZ 2nd November 2014 11:51

Nice job !