Madabout Kitcars Forum

Madabout Kitcars Forum (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marlin Sportster, Cabrio, Berlinetta and Roadster builds (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Options for meet up (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2595)

peterux 8th May 2010 08:44

Options for meet up

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick (Post 18929)
Now that sounds like a plan, a Mad Summer Meet :grouphug:

As Stoneleigh was bit of a wash out I was wondering if anyone had any ideas for meets and trips?

Some ideas for discussion....

7th June - London-Brighton Kit Car run - good fun but at £85 at bit expensive (which you have to pay up front) and quite a long trip if you don't have a hood and the weathers bad?

27th June - Goodwood Breakfast Club - Soft Top Sunday - am I being a bit pretentious? There is bound to be some real exotic cars, but I reckon we could put on a good display if we had 3/4 cars all parked together. It doesn't seem to cost anything (apart from buying posh breakfast) but you do have to register and it would be an early start.

18th July - Uxbridge Autoshow - my local car show. All kinds of interesting auto's American, kits, lots of old cars and trucks. I'll be there trying to win a prize!

22nd August - ACE Cafe - Kit car day- great day but not many cars so we could get lots more cars there this year. Maybe a convoy through London afterwards could be a laugh?

Any other ideas?

...peter
P.S. you can Google any of these for more details.

MartinClan 8th May 2010 11:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by peterux (Post 18981)
As Stoneleigh was bit of a wash out I was wondering if anyone had any ideas for meets and trips?

Some ideas for discussion....

7th June - London-Brighton Kit Car run - good fun but at £85 at bit expensive (which you have to pay up front) and quite a long trip if you don't have a hood and the weathers bad?

27th June - Goodwood Breakfast Club - Soft Top Sunday - am I being a bit pretentious? There is bound to be some real exotic cars, but I reckon we could put on a good display if we had 3/4 cars all parked together. It doesn't seem to cost anything (apart from buying posh breakfast) but you do have to register and it would be an early start.

18th July - Uxbridge Autoshow - my local car show. All kinds of interesting auto's American, kits, lots of old cars and trucks. I'll be there trying to win a prize!

22nd August - ACE Cafe - Kit car day- great day but not many cars so we could get lots more cars there this year. Maybe a convoy through London afterwards could be a laugh?

Any other ideas?

...peter
P.S. you can Google any of these for more details.

Goodwood sounds "good" to me. I was thinking about going to one of their events anyway (the one where you - err - dress up in period clothes)

Robin

Chris Cussen 8th May 2010 11:45

Goodwood, Uxbridge and ACE are possible candidates for me.

Patrick 12th May 2010 14:25

Uxbridge or Goodwood sounds good :)

peterux 3rd June 2010 23:02

I don't know anything much about this but looks like a good show to go to?

http://www.claphamclassicevents.co.u...rnationals.htm

Its on the 4th July and...

It says....
"The UK Roadster Nationals are open to all convertible and open top cars including Veteran, Classic, Custom, Americans and Hot Rods manufactured before 1980. Replica vehicles manufactured in a pre 1980 style are also welcome. "

so i think a Sportster should qualify?

Any of you been before?

Chris Cussen 4th June 2010 08:38

I'll be running up mountains in the Lake District that weekend.

MartinClan 4th June 2010 08:55

Not been before but as it is only a few miles from me I would go if anyone else is.

Robin

GreatOldOne 4th June 2010 09:38

I'm off to Snetterton on the 20th for the production BMW race (my mate from work runs his e30 in the series). They also have the Annual Lotus Festival on at the same time:

Snetterton will be celebrating one of Britain's most iconic names on Sunday 20 June when it hosts the spectacular Classic Team Lotus Festival - on the eve of the 500th Grand Prix for the Lotus marque.

The current Lotus F1 team will be appearing with drivers Jarno Trulli, Heikki Kovalainen and Fairuz Fauzy, whilst the squad's 2010 car will make its first UK public appearance.

Plus, Classic Team Lotus will bring together every Lotus Grand Prix car raced between 1958 and 1994 - a feat never achieved before - for displays and high speed circuit demonstrations.

Worth it for the bold bit on it's own IMHO. :)

Anybody else fancy it?

MartinClan 4th June 2010 13:29

Hmmm. A bit expensive compared to the kit car show the same weekend - but.... much more interesting.

I shall think about it.

Robin

MartinClan 7th June 2010 15:11

Going to the Luton Festival of Transport this Sunday http://www.cvpg.co.uk . Normally attracts about 1500 vehicles of all shapes and sizes. I went last year and it was well attended. If you visit the web site ignore the bit about pre 1980 vehicles only. I just checked and to quote "they welcome kit cars".

Robin

MartinClan 15th June 2010 13:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by MartinClan (Post 19200)
Going to the Luton Festival of Transport this Sunday http://www.cvpg.co.uk . Normally attracts about 1500 vehicles of all shapes and sizes. I went last year and it was well attended. If you visit the web site ignore the bit about pre 1980 vehicles only. I just checked and to quote "they welcome kit cars".

Robin

Whohay - Won the kitcars and specials class! Mind you there was only 20 odd cars in that class - but there were a couple of very tasty hot-rods and a gull winged turbocharged mini with a jaw dropping pearlescent paint job.

Robin

GreatOldOne 15th June 2010 13:57

Well Done! :D

Alfie 15th June 2010 21:33

Well done Robin. Your car does look pretty fab in the pictures.

Alfie

peterux 15th June 2010 22:42

Well done Robin, I bet you are chuffed! :smile:

...peter

Patrick 15th June 2010 23:39

well done :)

peterux 23rd June 2010 23:22

I think i'm going to too busy to make Goodwood breakfast this weekend, but still thinking about the Roadster show at Bedford.

If anyone is thinking of coming to my local Auto show at Uxbridge you need to register by the 12th July . Details here....

http://www.uxbridge-autoshow.com/individual.htm

Or you can turn up on the day and pay £10 instead of £5 entarnce fee.Its run by the Rotary Club for charity.

Chris Cussen 24th June 2010 08:27

Damn. Going to be doing a running race that day.

MartinClan 24th June 2010 20:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by peterux (Post 19383)
I think i'm going to too busy to make Goodwood breakfast this weekend, but still thinking about the Roadster show at Bedford.

If anyone is thinking of coming to my local Auto show at Uxbridge you need to register by the 12th July . Details here....

http://www.uxbridge-autoshow.com/individual.htm

Or you can turn up on the day and pay £10 instead of £5 entarnce fee.Its run by the Rotary Club for charity.

I am still on for the Bedford show. Need to check about the Uxbridge one...

Robin

MartinClan 1st July 2010 19:58

Weather is looking good for Sunday so, assuming it doesn't change I will be going to the Bedford show. I will probably also go to the Uxbridge show - its about time that I went a bit further afield...

Anyone else going?

Robin

peterux 2nd July 2010 21:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by MartinClan (Post 19425)
Weather is looking good for Sunday so, assuming it doesn't change I will be going to the Bedford show. I will probably also go to the Uxbridge show - its about time that I went a bit further afield...

Anyone else going?

Robin

I plan to be at the show at Bedford on Sunday as well, but actually now not sure about my local show at Uxbridge on the 17th as we seem to be double booked with social events that weekend :confused:
Now I just need too find the time to give the car a polish.....(I never had that problem when it wasn't painted! :smile:)