Madabout Kitcars Forum

Madabout Kitcars Forum (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/index.php)
-   Tribute Automotive Builds (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Bills Kalifornia SWB (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5441)

Plastic Porsche 25th May 2015 18:01

Bills Kalifornia SWB

2 Attachment(s)
Hi

Having taken the wife to the airport to visit her Mum for two weeks, I've started to prep my Z3 ready for the kit from Chris and Dan in the next couple of weeks hopefully :wave:

Wheels are powder coated chrome Jag XJS 7 x 15 with 205 60 tyres

The car is now lowered on sports shocks, front is about 30-40 lower, but the back is far to low, I think the eBay seller sent 60mm lowering springs not 30mm, the front has also had powerflex front lower wishbone bushes fitted making the steering much more predictable

Rear shocks were originals with 80k on them and completely shot,

andysharrock 25th May 2015 18:43

2 Attachment(s)
Attachment 2475

Attachment 2476

good luck with the build

Plastic Porsche 13th June 2015 18:57

2 Attachment(s)
Attachment 2553

Attachment 2554Picked the kit up from Chris and Dan on Monday

Had a few hours this afternoon, stripped the back end of the car and hung the back end on.

Lights not fully fitted because I need to get the right hole saw from tool station
:roll:

ericholm 13th June 2015 20:36

Yes, good luck with the build I will be watching with interest. Looks like you went for the open top option, just what I am hoping to do.

BTW how long did you wait for the kit from point of order. I have sent a contact form via the tribute website asking what delivery times are but still waiting for a reply, guess they are a bit busy :juggle:

Also I like the wheels with the spinners attached, I have been looking at options for wires and doesn't look promising, I want 17" and to keep them wide, there's some on Ebay in Germany but are around £1k for a set adn not sure PCD matches. So Wire look-a-likes with Spinners are my next thought, how do you get the spinner to stay on?

All the best I look forward to seeing lots of pic's :photo:

Plastic Porsche 13th June 2015 21:12

Hi

I ordered the kit 4 or 5 weeks ago, be patient and Chris will get back to you, he and Dan are snowed under

The plastic spinners screw onto a centre piece which screws into the centre cap, I don't have centre caps for these wheels and will probably use tow ball covers fitted into the wheels first as the centre bore on these wheels is quite small

I was surprised by how quick it was to strip the BMW, take the wheel arch liners out first for access to everything, thanks Dan for the tip!. the aerial was a pain but I googled it all first

IanA 14th June 2015 09:18

Looking good already Bill. Those wheels suit it. If the Z300S Barchetta didn't exist, I would have one of these. What colour are you going for?

gas guzzler 14th June 2015 10:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by IanA (Post 68197)
Looking good already Bill. Those wheels suit it. If the Z300S Barchetta didn't exist, I would have one of these.

I agree, you're certainly getting a move on. I must say the ease of which the Z3 is stripped quite surprised me, mind you it's the same with the mx5, stripped one of those back to the tub in next to no time.

Good luck with the rest of the build

Andy

Plastic Porsche 14th June 2015 19:57

2 Attachment(s)
Attachment 2572

Attachment 2573Thanks for the positive comments, I'm not sure I will paint it before I've run it around for a bit

I managed a few hours this afternoon to strip the sills and front off the car, i.ve left the bonnet on for now, washers disconnected

IanA 14th June 2015 21:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plastic Porsche (Post 68229)
...I'm not sure I will paint it before I've run it around for a bit...

I wouldn't worry about that- I've had mine on the road for almost a year and it's still not painted.

Plastic Porsche 15th June 2015 20:18

2 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH]Attachment 2580

Attachment 2581[/ATTACH]Road legal 11 x 8 gel 3D number plate arrived in the post today, combined with stainless surround it looks suitably retro

Plastic Porsche 15th June 2015 20:24

Must get the hang of posting pictures

8 Valve Ed 15th June 2015 20:59

LOL, you almost got it right!

Why not use something like Flicker or Photobucket, up load them, if they need rotating you can do that after uploading and before posting here. It can't be that hard if I can do it with my thick thumbs.

Plastic Porsche 15th June 2015 21:03

We bought a Microsoft surface tablet, it takes good photos, and you can upload directly from the camera roll, I must have taken them with it upside down

8 Valve Ed 15th June 2015 21:35

Stick an 'UP' arrow on the back? :bolt:

Axel 16th June 2015 06:49

All pics from 'down under' are like that... :wink::wink::wink:

a big scary monster 16th June 2015 09:49

If you are uploading pics to your control panel on the forum (There is a sticky in general chat)
Once it is in your picture folder on the forum, start a message/post, click on the add picture icon.
THIS IS IMPORTANT copy paste the lower of the 2 links, this displays the image instead of the URL link.
REMEMBER to delete the pre typed [IMG]http:// so its just on the link once, and you get a shocking quality muddy Spaniel. This method can be done straight from a phone or tablet Ed

Plastic Porsche 16th June 2015 11:54

Thanks I'll try it next time

Plastic Porsche 2nd July 2015 17:43

posting pics

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 2651

Just practising posting pictures

How my spinners fit, made up of tow bar cover and two wheel hub spigots

Plastic Porsche 2nd July 2015 17:48

5 Attachment(s)
ProgressAttachment 2652

Attachment 2653

Attachment 2654

Attachment 2655

Attachment 2656

a big scary monster 2nd July 2015 19:04

Nothing wrong with your picture posting now, cars coming along nicely I like the wheels, looking forward to seeing a soft top finished to a high standard with the attention to detail you are taking. Ed