Madabout Kitcars Forum

Madabout Kitcars Forum (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/index.php)
-   Sammio Builds and discussions (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   vosa inspection (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4694)

mad 1 19th January 2014 18:44

vosa inspection

hi, how are people geting on with vosa inspections now the dvla has gone?

Mitchelkitman 19th January 2014 18:46

VOSA inspection should be no different - It's the DVLA that's gone:smile:

micky1mo 19th January 2014 19:24

Unlike DVLA inspectors, the VOSA inspectors are trained mechanics so no bull-shi**ing them. :laugh:
That said they are only looking for "un-altered" components so shouldn't be a problem.
By-the-way, VOSA are only contracted for 6 months so what happen after that nobody knows :eusa_think:

Mitchelkitman 19th January 2014 19:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by micky1mo (Post 51047)
By-the-way, VOSA are only contracted for 6 months so what happen after that nobody knows :eusa_think:

I, for one, don't under stand - what does this statement mean?

micky1mo 19th January 2014 19:48

I was told by my local DVLA inspector that all regular work carried out by local DVLA offices including the contracts for the VIC inspections are out to tender and VOSA are only filling in for the next 6 months until all the tenders are in.
Because the VOSA funding has been cut over the last few years they said the did not have the time or resorces to carry out the inspection unless more funding was made available, hence the current situation.

I understand VOSA are also in tender for the contract.

VIC (Vehicle Identity Checks) are free at the moment by you can bet they will charge in the future especially if they appoint mobile inspectors.

We will all just have to wait and see :eusa_think:

Mitchelkitman 19th January 2014 20:18

I've never understood this VIC thing - VOSA checking the chassis and engine numbers and DVLA repeating it? I was told by DVLA it's because they (DVLA) are the only ones trained to do it properly....Hmm, on the day of my SVA, I watched whilst waiting for my trailer to return, and VOSA guy did VIC checks on 3 production cars - I just got chatting and he told me that was what he was doing. These were insurance w/o ones, but they weren't doing engineering inspection...... Maybe I'm getting old, but it's all a mystery to me.
Seems all logic goes out of the window with the authorities, as long as the boxes are ticked and they aren't liable then any consequences don't matter.
Better get off my soap box now.

mad 1 19th January 2014 20:29

has any one had a vosa inspection on here?

Paul L 20th January 2014 13:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by mad 1 (Post 51055)
has any one had a vosa inspection on here?

I think Micky1mo and AndyP57 are the only people regularly posting on here who might have.

HouseMartin is the only other builder I can think of who has bonded his bodywork to the frame recently.

Most other builds on here at the moment have not reached the inspection stage yet.

Although I assume you might be getting close, even if you are not documenting your build on the forum.

Cheers, Paul. :)

Nike55 20th January 2014 18:21

I had a V.I.C. by V.O.S.A. on my G46 last year.

I thought I'd get it out of the way in case they decide in future that ALL vehicle conversions will fall under the Individual Vehicle Approval scheme.