View Single Post
Old 14th August 2010, 17:26

mac is on a distinguished road

Hi Dave, I would try to get a bit more info from the seller, like how long the car has had these problems, why he hasn't fixed them etc. Then factor them into the price you are willing to pay for the car.
1.Windows could be an easy fix, just connnect the wiring, but until you do, work on the assumption that you may need new motors.
2.Notchy steering might mean a new rack, not a big deal as it's a MK2 mini rack and not very expensive.
3.Gauges not working is a tricky one. Could just be duff gauges need replacing but 4 not working sounds more like wiring issue to me, just depends on how well the wiring is marked up in the car. Could take a days work or could take a month.
4.Door letting in water. Could be just the rubbers need replacing, but if it was that simple I think it would have been done already.
5.Bolt the seats in where they suit you,or fit runners. Not a big job.
These are just my views so take them with a pinch of salt. Best thing to do would be to give the car a thorough looking over and a decent test drive or take someone with you who knows these cars.

Best Regards, Mac.