Thread: G46 V8 Mk1
View Single Post
Old 13th January 2013, 14:33

Charman.tech is on a distinguished road

Photos for my son and other forum users I have managed to take the photos upload them to the PC, transfer them to photo-bucket and add them to this thread, no mean task!

I had a lot of work blending the old bulk head to meet the fixed bonnet and now bonded in door

I am now happy with the flowing line down the side of the car

The car needs to be lowered yet but has change as it is now on the wheels we intend to use, they are 15" wire wheel and I think they are 6J rims note the outer flange with 15 x 195 x 80 profile tyres on them

The filling and sanding are far from finished, but the right line is there especially the cill line and I have cut a huge amount of material away from there.

Charlie you will see the exhaust duct is shorter than previous shots, I made it shorter at the front which give a much better wing line.

I also obtained some bucket seats from e-bay for £75 for the pair, nice chap had then in a wicked 105E this shot shows then roughtly in place but they will sit about 50mm lower once I have chopped the frames around a little.

I know it doesn't look like a lot of progress but it does represent a huge amount of thinking, standing back and looking, tea drinking and sleeping on it time.!