View Single Post
Old 17th June 2013, 14:23

Nike55 is on a distinguished road
Default Newark 2013

Having just finished a month of 60 hour weeks I thought on my first free day for a month (other commitments) I thought I might seek inspiration by going to the Newark Kit Car show.

I went last year but was disappointed as the weather was typically atrocious and after 120 mile ride my spirits were not buoyed due to the lack of vehicles on display. The exhibition area wasn't Stoneleigh but it was at least dry.

This year was a lot better as there were many more vehicles outside, the exhibition area was about the same, but I spent all my time outside.

I needed to resolve a few minor issues in respect of G46 fittings and was lucky enough to find a few examples of cars whose owners had solved various issues in a number of ways, happily broadly similar with what I vaguely had in mind.

I guess a few snaps might be in order:

Not G46 related but one of my faourites; the Ronart:

A brace of Novas, (Novae?):

The Spartan Club had a Barbecue and an international visitor;

Cruelly, I was waiting for this thing to seize, I suppose happily for the pilot it didn't:

Bit tiring for some:

Ok, a bit G46 related: well, from a hump point of view; (Banham Spyder, from which the G46 doors are similarly derived)

...and from a cockpit point of view:

and from a door hinge point of view:

Something you didn't get at Stoneleigh, a couple of circuits from the Battle of Britain Memorial Fliight, which is odd as I didn't see any Fairthorpes on display (Google it)

Now I have some inspiration, its time to get the car up to the farm and get on with it.

More next month.

Last edited by Nike55; 17th June 2013 at 14:28.. Reason: Pics not sticking