View Single Post
Old 13th November 2013, 21:45

Scottie22 is on a distinguished road
Default Screen

In working on the exhaust, I somehow managed to sprain my wrist,
and am out of action for a few days. So I should post some earlier
pictures to alleviate boredom!

When I got my body shell from Chris, there was no windscreen or real plans for one. Most people that have built a 352 have gone for the D type Perspex wrap screen look.

I wanted the XKSS proper screen look. For 2 or three grand I could buy a replica Screen and frame, but even if I had the cash, it would be far too wide. The D type shell was cut down to fit the Spit body, but this meant that almost all Car windscreens were too wide.

Chris suggested the Morris Minor screen, but even that was too wide.
In the end I cut a Morris Minor REAR screen out of a car complete with the original steel screen frame. I hacked it about a bit, and did some welding, until I reached the stage when I realised that I could not go any further until the body was on the chassis tub, and I could actually sit inside the car and work out screen rake, head room, bum position etc.

I have had a few soft top cars, and being a six footer, my head always was up above the windscreen, this as some of you will know, is not ideal, and I was determined that this time it was within my power to prevent this problem arising.
[IMG]