View Single Post
Old 27th November 2013, 15:04

Viatron is on a distinguished road

The tank has finally stopped dripping so have now hung it back up for the coating to cure, fingers crossed it should be touch dry in the morning, couple of pics of the completed job, to be honest it just looks like I have swilled a couple of litres of silver smoothrite around the inside but it does seem to "cling" to vertical surfaces better than straight paint would.

The dark steaks are runs where drips have slowly made their way down the walls of the tank, I have turned it every 20 minutes for the last hour and a bit to make sure it doesn't pool but it seems to be staying put now.

Also finally got the rear trailing arm brackets installed.

Had a bit of a moment when I tried to check the range of movement on both sides as I thought one was binding badly. Quick check though revealed that one shock was set to full soft and the other full hard so have set them both to a mid range setting and the range of movement and resistance now seems the same.

Hopefully by the morning the paint stripper should have done its work on the tunnel and I can steam clean it off and get a coat of primer on it.

As long as the tank looks ok I will also get a coat or two of chassis black on it and get it installed so I can then start to run the fuel lines.

The list of things to do before fitting the body is now reducing quickly and fingers crossed I'm on target to get the body at least semi fitted at the weekend.

TTFN

Mac