View Single Post
Old 23rd January 2014, 11:25

Badgrizzly is on a distinguished road
Default Axle mount frame made up at last

Well axle mount frame completed all bar paint and a couple of holes each side for the mount to the chassis, wont drill these until chassis dropped on frame.

I have made side flanges/wings out of 4mm plate to add support to frame and to support it when mounting bolts removed etc. This frame will just unbolt and drop out of chassis for any maintenance etc. Obviously will have to undo tie bars and radius rods, hoping to get a snap lock brake hose connection.

Used original Trike shock mounts as they were made of thick CDS tube and fitted once fettled. Also using a single shock mount to the rear so that if I need to remove a shock I can install a straight bar first to support axle swing arms.

Any way of to shed with it to paint it. Clean shocks up as the AVO's have got a bit dirty since last year. will need new bottom bushes as well as Jag shock bolt is 5/8" instead of 1/2". give em a clean up and paint up. Springs will be 175lbs to start with.

Still here's some more pics.

No one with any views good or bad let me know I am always learning, mainly cos I do not know really what I am doing.

http://s1342.photobucket.com/user/Badgrizzly/slideshow/