View Single Post
Old 28th April 2014, 08:19

Scottie22 is on a distinguished road
Default Sunday

I did not post yesterday as I was so busy.

When I first fabricated my stainless exhaust quite a while ago now, I had briefly trial fitted it, and was satisfied with the result.

Since then, I have drastically lowered the car, in order to get the look I wanted, also with satisfying results, so far so good.

The other day when I fitted the exhaust to the car "properly" I had not checked under the car on flat level concrete, as I had done the work outside with the car on rough grass.

So yesterday I did check, and was totally f**king horrified at finding out I only had 2 inches of clearance (that's 50mm to you europhiles).

I knew with a sinking heart, that the part where the exhaust curls under the chassis, to start its journey under the passengers floor, would have to be radically altered to stand any chance of remaining on the car after a speed bump.

Back to the drawing board.................

I worked very hard for a very long time, thinking, swearing, injuring, cutting, grinding, bending , and finally I think I have the solution and my extra 2 inches of clearance.

Right now the exhaust is all in cut sections again, but hopefully sections that when I weld and put them back on today, will be just what is needed for the clearance required.
Again, two more days work that I had not planned on!!!!

I think the car is deliberately pissing me about because it knows it's not going to Stoneleigh.

If it carries on in this fashion, it won't be going next bloody year either!

Pics to follow after its done.