Thread: #47 Spyder
View Single Post
Old 11th May 2014, 18:29

christinedmc is on a distinguished road

It has been a while since I made my last post. Lots has happened in the meanwhile. First of all my car has been sprayed and I had to get it back from England to Holland.
I love the colour in real life even more then on the pictures. But there was something missing. It was too shining for my liking. That's why I had the car sprayed once more in a transparent satin laquer. And this gave the result I was aiming for! Beautiful it is. I get some pictures of it later, when I can get the car outside.

Now I have the car back once more, I can finish all the work.

I finished the upper side of my dashboard (behind the screen) in satin black. Got a nice wrinkle effect bij using anti stone chip paint which I gave a satin clear coat. Somehow the photo looks a bit pale.
[IMG][/IMG]

I finished one of the inner wheel arches at the back. They are from a VW T5, like I probably mentioned before. I used a rubber to seal it to the inner side of the body. No dirt will ruin the inner construction and parts now.
[IMG][/IMG]

With the leather I got from a second hand sofa, I had seat cushions made for my Kirkey racing seats. They did a hell of a job, giving the seats/headrest the appearance of an ancient racing vehicle. With worn spots at the right places. Underneath is a foam base in the shape of my ass. Good lord, they sit nicely! I also had the 4 point harnesses taylord to the right size.
[IMG][/IMG]

The seating position has become great. I'm 1,89 m. but I'm sitting real deep into the car. Maybe even too deep
My shoulders are just above the side of the car. I ceated a lot of extra room reshaping the rear inner corners of body tub. Leaving out inner side panels gives the extra room for my arms. All in all, very comfy.
[IMG][/IMG]

Michiel