View Single Post
Old 30th May 2014, 19:55

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Drizzle...
My master plan of doing waves of fibre glassing from first thing in the morning disappeared in the waves of fine mist in the air.

However, I did managed a rare piece of male multi-tasking, combining chauffeur duties for my wife & daughter with a visit to an ebay seat seller.

Now I remember Mister Towed's very valid point that certain types of bucket seat just don't belong in these cars.

Also based on Google images, I can't find a single Sammio / Ribble with this type of seat fitted.

But I really like the idea of built in guides for the shoulder straps of my racing harness arrangement.

So these are the seats I went to look at...

I had thrown my "problem" seat in the back of the car, so here is a side by side comparison.

This is how that seat looked when I test fitted the passenger side recently.

The back of bucket seat can be adjusted so that it is not reclining and this would allow it to move further back.

This in turn would allow it to sit lower in lowered floor pans, something the angle of the current seat back prevents.

The end result would be that very little of the top of the seat (apart from the head rest) would be proud of the bodywork.
( At least that is what I think / hope. )

All I did do today was take some measurements and I will need to have another look at the car when the frame and body and back on.

It is a big decision and so I will take my time and if this doesn't work I'll find something else.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The middle of the day was another half term trip to the cinema with one of my daughters for the latest Tom Cruise blockbuster.
( Which was basically Groundhog Day, but with guns and aliens. )

By early evening I just managed to do another round of fibre glassing on the rear arches.

I still can't do a decent job of working the matting around edges and making it stick.

So I decided to simply leave the edges "hanging" and simply join them from the other side during the next round.

The only good news is that my previous fibreglass work is setting nice and hard.

( I ground away any dodgy bits where I'd previously messed up on the edges. )

Obviously the weather has meant this has all taken much longer than I expected.

Still, any progress is good progress at the moment.

Until next time, take care, Paul.