View Single Post
Old 10th August 2014, 20:04

swifty is on a distinguished road

The body arrived this afternoon and managed to roughly fit it to the chassis to try and give me an idea of what is required to make the shell symmetrical.

IMG_4564.jpg

Cut the bulk head to fit around the bell housing so that the tub sat onto the sub frame then loosely fitted the bonnet which slightly fowls the original bonnet hinge brackets, i think these will have to be removed soon.
The original wheels are still fitted as i need the hub adapters to fit the 14 inch spoke rims. The wheel centers were used as the datum points to get the body as close to a correct position before looking at the alignment issues.

IMG_4573.jpg IMG_4572.jpg

One area that requires attention is the drivers side lower bulk head. The first image illustrates the bulk head to tyre gap on the drivers side and the second image is the passenger side, you can see there is a considerable difference of about 50mm. After checking various points on the shell to find where the problem lay i decided to cut away some of the drivers bulk head which will prevent the 14 inch wheels from fouling the body.

IMG_4578.jpg

Body now cut with the flap roughly pulled in so as to be able to glass the gap up which will be my first attempt using fibreglass.
Tomorrow paying a local supplier of fibreglass a visit to purchase a few supply's.

Last edited by swifty; 12th August 2014 at 21:17.. Reason: typo