View Single Post
Old 12th August 2014, 15:09

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Well the forecast said it would be dry, so I took a chance to play outside...

Bloody Weather - Part 1:
This is Tribute's new 250 SWB under construction and they do make their "cutting & shutting" work look very easy, .

However, I have a long way to go before I am even half as good as Chris & Dan.

So I guess I need a bit more practice...

Before I started cutting, I needed to ensure the body shell was sitting on straight.

Without a layer of bonding paste front & rear, the shell still wants to "wobble", so I weighed one corner down.

At the rear, the tail pipe exits now act as my point of reference for aligning the body shell.

With the body shell "set", the rear passenger arch still covers the wheel nicely.

But the driver's side doesn't.

This is all related to the issues with the original Cordite buck, which was covered in more detail previously.

Mac did a neat job when he fixed this corner, but I didn't want to touch the area where my boot lid will eventually go.

So out came the jigsaw and I cut through a section of the rear arch like so.

I had just put the first tech screw in place when I felt a drop of rain.

Given the heavy downpours of late, I decided to get a cover over the rest of the car before continuing.

This was a good idea, as, sure enough, before I had finished "stitching" the two sections back together the heavens opened.

This was as far as I had got...

By the time I'd take the photos above, covered up this corner and packed my tools & bits away, I was soaked.

That is how I left the car and until the sun came back out.

End of Part 1...

Last edited by Paul L; 21st August 2014 at 05:57.. Reason: Fixing photo link