View Single Post
Old 12th August 2014, 18:06

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxford1360 View Post
...Does this new cut just balance out the added width on the N/S? It might be that you now have a well-balanced "wide boy" Cordite...
Oxford - Funny you should say that, because I thought exactly the same thing earlier today.

I can't get a decent photo of the rear of the car at the moment, as there is a hedge in the way.

But I will try to remember to take one when I next have the body shell off the frame work.

The problem I have is that Mac is making minor tweaks to the Cordite/Navigator MkII body shell.

So I still have to fix some of the original Cordite MkI problems that his Navigator body shell no longer has.

You might remember just how far Mac moved the rear passenger side on the original Cordite!

I know I keep coming back to the following photos, but they do help justify the butchery I'm doing.

The original driver and passenger sides of the Cordite buck next to each other.

The rear end of all Spyders seem to have a nice sweep on both sides, as per Mr T.

Whereas, I had a nice sweep on the driver's side and a much "flatter" profile on the passenger side.

But the rear passenger side also had the problem of the wheel arch not covering the tyre.

This was AndyP57's original Cordite demonstrator.

So I fixed that problem by cutting the rear of the car in half and pulling it out a bit.

But that still left me with two different rear "sweep" profiles.
( Well, until today that is. )

Widening part of the body shell arch, rather than just moving the whole arch has also helped.

As the width of the driver's side rear arch was less than the passenger side one.

So I believe that I have made an improvement, even if I haven't got a perfect match on each side.

Cheers, Paul.

PS
Feel free to "ramble" any time and I look forward to seeing your body shell work.