Thread: Z3 power!
View Single Post
Old 3rd October 2014, 12:27

lumpy is on a distinguished road

Hello Danny,

This is the best and most comprehensive reply i have had so far,

Sorry for my late reply, please see my suggestions below, all prices include vat, and power gains are typical estimates :

- Intake ...decent ones run from £250 – 900.00 gbp,please indicate preferred price range so I can advise you better ? + 5 bhp

- M54 manifold ....do NOT do this on your particular car, not worth it .

- Pulley kit ....effective and good value, Rogue Engineering £195.00 + 3 – 5 bhp, better throttle response

- Head porting etc ... can be very costly, only really worth it if doing other internal works such as cams etc ? Options for head work vary, from £600 to £2500.00 (more expensive option = bigger valves/ Inconel / 5 angle seats/ radiusing etc) up to + 28 bhp.

- Cams ...Schrick brand, £770.00 / pair up to + 10 bhp, better throttle reaction

- Plasma coils ...often overlooked by others, totally worth the expense, + 4 – 6 bhp every time and performance does not degrade with hard use /heat like the BMW versions . http://ca-int.co.uk/single_prod-cHJvZF9pZD0yMjYx.html

- Exhaust ...I suggest Eisenmann for the rear muffler, see www.eienmann.co.uk , we will offer you 20% discount if you are also buying at least one other item J Also see www.Supersprint.com

Alternately, opt for a supercharger kit at between £4100.00 and £5500.00 (according to power level) and forget all the above tuning items expect the exhaust and plasma coils ;-) You get more power for your money, and its a wider spread of power too. Options from 290 to 350 bhp. You can begin at the lower and less costly end and then upgrade to higher level kits (its only a change of software,injectors and compressor pulley) as the desire and bank balance allows

I hope this helps your deliberations, feel free to ask any more questions or indeed |I am happy to cal you to discuss if you prefer

This is for a 2000 auto 2.8

Going remap and pulleys while I save for a stupidcharger.

Regards

Lumpy.