View Single Post
Old 23rd April 2015, 18:17

a big scary monster is on a distinguished road

Ah yes now i remember, i was concerned it could get too fussy and ruin your water tightness if they came through.
Your solution may not be as elegant as some bent tang locating pins or similar but as we discussed before when you started the boot endeavour they would be near impossible with your raked cut through the humps, and that does look elegant, personal I think with a little shape and some rubber trim it will be fine, maybe you just been looking at it too long? I have been pondering over a job on my folding camper for a few days when my dad came round and said why don't you do this it was simple and obvious likewise I have just been to his and he has been beard scratching all day over a wind break side panel for his fiamma awning on his motor home the solution not only sprung straight to me but I had everything in my van to complete it, we are both ticking off many jobs pre stoneleigh.
it must be very difficult for you when you have little or no external input I know you have said before that's why you post a lot of pics on here so you can recap. I will pm you my mobile if you want to meet up or come have a nosey at my camper its a 1981 StarCraft, I'll be there with my daughter she will be revising, my brother he like you ran mz's many years ago his 6 year old son my two spaniels,and my parents in the motor home so there will be many options for hot or cold drinks and a sit and relax. Ed.

Last edited by a big scary monster; 23rd April 2015 at 18:21.. Reason: spelling of a simpleton.