View Single Post
Old 2nd May 2015, 10:01

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Micky1mo - Thanks for the update and I fully understand/support your decision to draw a line under the past & start again.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Rene - I have a lot of sympathy for the fact you have paid a lot of money for a car that you can't use.

But I just can't see how Mike should be responsible for the quality of a turn-key build that Andy agreed to provide you.

Just like a possible future owner of my car could not hold Mike responsible for how I have built the kit Sammio supplied me.

Nike55 - I completely accept you don't want to reply to any comments, so I did debate whether to write anything at all.

However, I like to think that I do my bit to try to keep this forum a positive place, despite being negative about the Cordite kit at times.

And I am trying to build a legal and safe care with honesty and integrity and all my best efforts are there for all to see.

Personally I've always tried to encourage detailed build threads, so that others can judge the quality of the build for themselves.

It is certainly clear to me that Swifty and Mac are building their Cordite MkIIs to a higher standard than I am building my MkI.

But this is the first "under construction" photo I could find of Rene's car.

Clearly there is no way of telling that all is not well underneath from that shot.

Similarly, this Miglia was featured on another thread and was just sold on ebay.

Apparently there is not a single build photo available, so what standard has it been build to?

But if amateur build blogs will lead to the end of the re-body rules as we know it, then maybe I have got the wrong idea all together.

Note: I'm not trying to have a go at anyone and I guess I just don't know what the answer is.

Cheers, Paul.