View Single Post
Old 2nd May 2015, 11:05

8 Valve Ed is on a distinguished road

I agree that none of this personal grievance should be aired on this forum, it should be resolved (or not) directly with the people concerned.

While I accept it is of some benefit to the wider audience that we be aware of issues with manufacturers/suppliers, this has gone far beyond that and in my opinion is completely out of place, forums are not the place to resolve legal disputes.

Anybody dealing with a small business has to make up his own mind about the stability of that business, especially when relatively large sums are involved. Caviat emptor. Even Rolls Royce went bust.

Changing tack slightly I would be grateful if somebody would point me towards, or explain briefly the origins and potted history of these names, we have Cordite, Ribble, Sammio, Miglia and possibly Tribute? To me they are just words, I can't associate them with anything. We seem to have several Mike's and an Andy... Maybe others?

I understand that projects and businesses morph and change over time owing to circumstances but it would be nice to understand a little of the background to all this, there seems to be some antagonism involved somewhere.

As for making details of builds public, I have suffered in the past from being too open with what I have revealed about my builds, which tends to make me a bit guarded, on the other hand, Paul's openness is a credit to him. It has provided him with a very good record of his build, he has received a lot of guidance and help and may I say remote quality control? I think publishing one's work publicly helps to keep one's standards high.

I don't think bureaucrats sitting in VOSA will change regulations and legislation purely on the basis of what they MAY read here, they look at the larger picture. That said, we do need to keep standards as high as possible, especially on the structural welding front, which includes structural design in the body frame and seat belt mount area. We need to bear in mind that lives really do depend on the repairs and construction we do in "our sheds".