View Single Post
Old 16th April 2007, 20:25
Enthusiast

alackofspeed is on a distinguished road

Richard,

It seems CPL are the way to go for Hondata mod - done by return!

The fan control works perfectly, and much to my surprise, the rover fan shifts a surprising amount of air - I thought it'd be a bit limp!

The software seems to work quite well, and if you have the engine running just above idle, most changes are done suficiently quickly that the engine doesn't stop during the upload. The only problem I've had is with the logging being a touch flakey - there is a new version of the software out now though, which isn't on the laptop I was using.

The ability to check all the sensor outputs is quite reassuring, and useful for fault finding.

As for temperature, left running in about 22 C ambient (using the IAT sender for the reading), my engine crests about 90 C when left to idle. Coolant volume for my setup, not including the heater matrix circuit, is about 8 litres.

From my casual browsing of the K20A forum, it seems the K20A2 is a pretty tough unit, and I've not read of any instance of thermostat related issues. I guess with the K-series things aren't helped by the very low coolant jacket volume?

I wonder if you, Jerry, and Craig could get a better deal on the shafts by joining forces? Doubtful, but maybe worth a punt.

Cheers,

John.