View Single Post
Old 3rd December 2015, 15:37

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Part 2:
Unfortunately, a small disaster struck when I moved a wheelie bin and "clipped" the car jack.

It didn't move much, but it was still enough to dislodge the panel as the bonding paste hadn't fully cured.

So my third batch of bonding paste of the day involved repairing the damage done.

And this time I also managed to get some paste on part of one of the underneath edges too.

The last bit of the paste went along the gap between the bottom of the framework and body shell.

These were the best I could do in terms of "before" shots.

You can see the bottom edge of the side of the body shell sits well below the frame.

But there is a small gap between the side of the frame and the body shell.

Note:
The other side of this box section forms the base of the floor level "bridge" on the inside of the cockpit.

So this was the "after" as I only had enough paste to make a start on sealing this off.

By now, by car time was rapidly running out, so I rearranged the covers so the car jack was protected.
( I added a couple of blocks of wood to weigh it down after the photo was taken. )

As I will leave the jack in place over night just to make sure that panel is secure.

Finally, I ended the day as I started it, painting/treating panels.

Until next time, take care, Paul.