View Single Post
Old 9th December 2015, 17:03

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Tidying Up:
With my wife's guests arriving tomorrow, one of today's domestic chores was cleaning the driveway.

Thankfully I was able to build in a bit of "mission creep" while I was outside.

Jacked the car up, removed the blocks and put it back on it's wheels.

There is still work I need to do underneath, but, for now, it just needs to be "presentable".

This also allowed me to tidy up my collection of wood.

I sanded down the last batch of filler applied to the bridge across the cockpit floors.

I also used this flexible attachment for those hard to reach areas behind the angle iron in the framework.

Then I applied some Tetroseal along the edge joining the body shell and any bits I'd previously missed.

Note:
I've left enough room for the next round of bonding/fibreglassing to take place.

E.g. You can see which areas will be behind the cockpit side panels.

Then I trimmed the fuel filler hose to fit the gap between the body shell and the petrol tank.

Then removed the tape protecting the tank from dust.

Fitted the rubber seal into place around the inside edge of the metal "ring".

Then the hose just sits "free" underneath the seal, but firmly pushed down around the petrol tank opening.

The neck of the petrol cap then goes through the seal and the top of the hose when it is fitted.

And two clamps hold the top and bottom of hose in place like so.

This will all have to come out again for final painting, but for now, this is good enough for an MOT.

That was as much car work as I dared to sneak in, as I still had to weed the drive.

Still, that task is normally on my list of Christmas chores, so I am ahead of the game there.

I've leave you with a photo of my tidy drive.

Until next time, take care, Paul.

PS
Winter Solstice Approaches
"Wembley Henge" is starting to line up with the lowest trajectory of the Winter sun.