Thread: The Kebab
View Single Post
Old 7th April 2016, 07:28

Jaguartvr is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff H View Post
Hi Bob,

What are the catches on top of the sills ? they look like they locate the bonnet as it comes down ? if so any chance of a close up please ?

Also would be very interested in what you are going to do regarding a way of opening the door if the blip fails, or central locking fails.

This is a head scratcher for me as my blip does not work, the central locking works but only on the key, Chris tells me the mini door handles do not, or are not able to work the BMW locking mechanism.

Jeff.

This is for the E46 which I would presume is the same procedure as the Z3

Get into your BMW, shut the door and put your key in the ignition. Turn the key between the on and off positions five times as quickly.

Push the "Unlock" button on your E46 key and hold it down while pushing the lock button three times. At this time your BMW's door locks will lock and unlock, which signals that you've successfully completed the programming process.

Finish programming your E46 key remote by turning your BMW on and off.

Again I'm not sure about the Z3 but the E46 key has a rechargeable battery, it is recharged when it is in the ignition and the car is running. If the car hasn't been used much the key will need to be recharged first. One of mine was flat and I just let it in the ignition for 20 minutes with the car running and I was able to reprogram it.